DNSSec - Secure DNS
What you'll learn
- Sign their own zone
- Operate DNSSec-enabled authoritative DNS-server
- Troubleshoot DNSSec
- Explain and understand the principles of zone signing.
- A solid understanding of DNS is a must!
DNS is not secure! And DNS is the most important protocol of internet! Learn how to secure DNS with DNSSec!
In this course You will learn how DNSSec works, how to implement DNSSec and how to operate DNSSec-enabled DNS-servers.
By the end of this course You will have a solid understanding of how to secure your domains and zones.
What you will learn:
- How the signing process works
- Background about hashing algorithms and digital signatures.
- Differences between ZSK (zone signing keys) and KSK (key signing keys)
- How to operate a signed zone in bind.
- The chain of trust. How Your zone information is secured all the way back to the root zone.
- You really need to know how DNS works. I expect You to already know about zone files, dig, SOA-records and zone transfers.
- Networking engineers who operates their own DNS-servers with bind
- Security aware people who wants to understand DNSSec
- CCNA/CCNP students.
Who this course is for:
- Security engineers who need knowledge of DNSSec
- Operators of authoritative DNS-servers
- Networking and security students (CCNA/CCNP)
I have been working in IT since 1991. My focus the last 15 years has been in Routing&Switching and Security. I have certifications in Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCSP) since 2000, also certified Checkpoing CCSA/CCSP and ISC2 CISSP. After 20+ years as an IT consultant I have a broad as well as deep knowledge in TCP/IP, routing, switching and firewalling.