Advanced Mixing Techniques With Presonus Studio One
What you'll learn
- How to build a easy to use template that will help you organize your sessions
- Advanced Mixing Techniques (Gain Staging, Leveling, EQ, Compression, Reverb, Delays)
- Vocal Chain processing
- Bus Routing & Bus Processing Techniques
- Special Effects Automation
- In-depth Explanation on "Why" I'm making the mixing decisions
- Technical knowledge of mixing
- Studio One
- Upgraded Compressor Plugin: Waves Cla-2a & Cla-76 or UAD La-2a & 1176
- Upgraded Bus Compressor Plugin: Waves SSL G- Master Bus Compressor or UAD 4000 G Bus Compressor
- Upgraded Compressor Plugin: Waves Puigchild Compressor or UAD Fair Child Tube Limiter Collection
- Upgraded EQ Plugin: Waves SSL E Channel or UAD SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection
- Upgraded Reverb: Any Reverb of Your Choice but not the stock Reverb, Waves H-Reverb is really good
- Upgraded Delay Plugin: Waves H-Delay
- Autotune: I will be using Antares Autotune but you can use whatever you can afford
- Upgraded Desser: Waves Desser
- Advanced Vocal Amp: Waves CLA Vocals
- Advanced Stereo Imaging: Waves S1 Stereo Imager
Welcome to Advanced Mixing Techniques With Presonus Studio One.
This concept class is for mixing engineers who use studio one 3 and above, and want to learn how to make their mixes sound just as interesting as the songs they hear on the radio, Spotify, Itunes. etc. The concepts learned in this course are meant to help with work flow and increase movement in your productions.
In this class we start with building you a template that has been tested and proven to work. The template we are building is the same concept I am using to process my mixing and mastering gigs on Fiverr. This template structure and workflow has helped me reach a level one seller on the Fiverr platform. I will walk you through the template step-by-step and it is encouraged that you open up your DAW and follow along. Plus I provided you with the stems to one of my songs "Online Dating," which you can find and listen to on all streaming platforms just search "Dj Kode Red Online Dating."
The goal of this class is for you to learn how to make your mixes sound more polished, but also give you technical knowledge of mixing music.
In this class. I'll be using Studio One and techniques translate to users with studio one 3 and above. If you have another DAW outside of Studio one the concepts may work, however, you would need to know how to build a template, make buses, and do automate in your system to get the full effect.
We will be mixing a hip-hop track during this course but the techniques work in other genres as well. It's the concept I want you to take away from this course and use them in your own productions
G Bus Compression Presets
Building a mixing template
Setting up a vocal chain
Selecting the right plugins for your vocal chain
Vocal chain processing
Vocal special effects
Setting up a Background vocal chain
Background Vocal chain processing
Setting up a Adlib Vocal Chain
Adlib vocal chain processing
Organizing your track
Processing your drums vs vocals
Adding instruments around your vocals
Advanced automation techniques
Reverb and delay techniques on vocals
Mix bus compression
If you are ready to get started making more interesting productions, this is the class that will help you get started. Get Started today.
Dj Kode Red is an independent artist, producer, songwriter, and mixing and mastering engineer. Who has 6 self produced albums and is a level one seller in mixing and mastering on Fiverr.
I just hope you will fall in love with this course and make great productions when you're finished
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate to Advanced Mixing Engineers
Who Am I
Brian AKA Dj Kode Red I'm independent artist, producer, songwriter, and mixing and mastering engineer from Detroit, MI.
I have been working in the music industry for years starting my career as a turntable Dj while I was in college. After learning the Dj-ing business I turn my focus to music production where I started my journey just making beats for local artist. I wanted to expand my knowledge of production so I started learning the craft of mixing and mastering. The whole idea was to control the way the record should sound. As I developed my skills it was hard for me to find artist to record so I decided to become an artist myself and started doing songwriting. I fell in love with the whole process, from the first keyboard stroke to the mixing and mastering stage it's such a beautiful process to me.
Now that I have a clear understanding on how records should sound I share my talents with people all over the world. I am a level one seller on Fiver for mixing and mastering. Where I help people make there records radio ready. I am on target to release 52 songs this year, weekly releases. And I am collaborating with people all around the world. It's very hard work but someone has to do it and I enjoy every bit of it.