Do your own UK Tax Return
What you'll learn
- * Learn how to submit your own UK self assessment tax return online to HMRC *
- How to get organised for doing your own tax return
- How to access and login to the HMRC website
- How to find your way around the HMRC website
- How to input your employment figures - including where to find the information
- How to input your self employment figures - you need to already know your income and expenses!
- How to input other income - including where to find the information
- How to add your allowances and reliefs
- How to answer the HMRC questions that are hard to understand when you're not an accountant
- How to complete your tax return
- You will need internet access
In this "How to do your own tax return" I will show you step-by-step how to submit your own UK self assessment tax return online with HMRC.
If you are a UK based small business owner with a straightforward business or an individual who needs to submit a tax return you can easily do it by yourself.
You will save on accountants fees and you will be in control of when your tax return is submitted.
I will cover what you need to include on your tax return, explain where you can find the information and then show you how to input on the HMRC website.
It's not an accounting course, so you will need to know your self employment income and expenses to include on your return.
It's also not meant for complex businesses, where I would still recommend using an accountant.
If you have capital gains or foreign income, please be aware that I haven't covered these. But for most people, these sections will not be required.
At the end of the course, you will realise that completing your own UK tax return is not as scary as you think. You can do it, and next year you will find it even easier!
The examples I show you are for the 2017-2018 tax year, but can still be used to help you complete your current year tax return.
Who this course is for:
- UK small business owners
- UK individuals who need to submit a self assessment tax return
- If you're tax return is not complicated, with my help you can do it by yourself!
I'm Marion (or Maz) the Numbers Lover, dedicated to getting you to know and love your numbers as well.
With a background in accountancy and training (I'm a UK qualified accountant) I've spent my working life getting to grips with the numbers, and then explaining them to others. Knowing and understanding your numbers has so many benefits.
Here's how my Udemy courses can help you love your numbers ...
Xero (Online Accounting Software)
Are you keen to use Xero, but not sure where to start?
Are you a frustrated Xero user, because you know that you are not using Xero to its full potential?
Would you like to be your own boss, have flexible hours and earn a decent living as a Xero bookkeeper?
Then have a look at my courses on Xero. As well as being a Xero Certified Advisor, I'm a qualified accountant and I've been running my own accountancy practice for over 6 years. During that time I've seen all the pitfalls fro business owners as they try to tackle this 'user friendly' software without any expert guidance. This can mean expensive accountancy bills sorting out the mess, and I'm here to ensure this doesn't happen to you.
Would you like some down-to-earth practical advice to help you get to grips with and improve your personal finances?
Then I've created the perfect hands-on course, guaranteed to get you results.
Are you a new business owner, not ready to sign up for software yet but needing help doing your own accounts?
Using Google Drive I can show you how.
I look forward to helping you love your numbers!