Gardening Know How: DIY Garden Design
What you'll learn
- Learn when it's better to DIY, and when you should hire a professional
- Learn how to create your own customized garden or landscape design
- Understand how to clearly communicate your design goals to a professional landscape designer or architect
- Techniques for keeping yourself in compliance with local laws and ordinances
- Software recommendations are made throughout the course, but there is no software or specific materials required in order to get the most out of the course.
Does your garden or yard need an update, but you don't know where to start? Have you looked hiring a designer or landscape architect, only to realize it would cost you hundreds to thousands of dollars? Or, did you get a free design from a local nursery, and noticed that, well, it left a lot to be desired?
If you want a professionally designed garden, and you like to DIY, this is the course for you!
In this course, you'll not only learn the techniques professional designer use, you'll create your own customized design. Each lecture includes an assignment that will help guide you, step by step, through creating a garden or landscape design!
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for DIY types who enjoy home improvement projects
- You don't need to be a skilled gardener to get a lot out of this course. Beginner level gardeners will do just fine!
I designed my first garden when I was 8 years old, using crayons, graph paper, and several of my dad's seed catalogs. Once I grew up, I decided to get serious about my hobby and earned a degree in landscape design!
Now I own my own company, LK Landscape Design, where I focus on beauty, functionality, and sustainability in both my design and maintenance services. My goal is to create spaces that fit a client's lifestyle, but that also provide food and shelter for neighborhood wildlife.