Divine New York City
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Describe the five secrets of New York’s global fame. Battle your way to join New York’s elite. Know everything you need to know about the city. Understand why everyone wants his/her name on a New York City landmark. Realize that just about anyone (even you) can achieve fame and fortune in the city
- Be ready to visit New York City like never before Be fluent in English or willing to improve your English. Be willing to fall in love with the greatest city in the world
After 25 years of research and living in the Big Apple, I have discovered the secrets of what makes New York City "The Empire City"
1. Why do New Yorkers think that their city is the center of the universe?
2. How did New York become the most diverse city on the planet?
3. Why does every New Yorker lust after fame, glory, and wealth?
4. Why is New York the most competitive city in the world?
5. Why is the city filled with monumental buildings in honor of great New Yorkers?
From the beginning of the Dutch colony, governor Peter Stuyvesant fervently believed that New Amsterdam (the former name of New York) was destined to become a New Jerusalem, a holy city on the Hudson River that would usher in the "end days."
This myth was given the name “The Empire City” by President Washington and a succession of great New Yorkers elaborated on this myth and the city remains until today not just another American or world city, but THE city destined by God and Man to lead the nation and the world to greatness.
Now you know why the city is the Empire City.
“So let's get started on our voyage to discover what makes New York City unique among world cities and how it got to be that way!”
Dr. Ronald Brown
- If you are a long-time New Yorker willing to rediscover their hometown, then this course is for you. If you are a new New Yorker just getting to know what makes the city tick, then this course will tell you everything you need to know. If you are a tourists (both armchair and in person) eager to experience the real New York, sign up now. If you are a student longing for an out-of-the-classroom learning experience, then join us. If you are a teacher of history, culture, or urban studies, this course, its extensive bibliography and course outline is for you. If you are a New Yorker or a New Yorker wannabe and have no curiosity what being a New Yorker means, then this course is NOT for you!