Diversity & Inclusion: Building a Grassroots Foundation
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Familiarize yourself with key terms in the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) space
- Understand the business case for D&I and who is responsible for it in an organization (hint: it's not just HR!)
- Build an understanding of D&I in your organization by using the Advocate's Journey Framework – to meet people where they are and move them forward
- Get buy-in for your work by engaging the right stakeholders in your efforts
- Get inspiration for short- and long-term D&I ideas
- Create an action plan for moving starting your grassroots efforts in D&I
- Diversity & Inclusion
- You should be curious about D&I and have the desire to improve D&I in your organization.
- You should understand the dynamics and culture of the organization you work for in order to create a plan for building a grassroots foundation in D&I.
- You do not need to be an expert in D&I or Unconscious Bias to benefit from this course.
What do you do when you’re faced with a big, seemingly insurmountable and ambiguous problem like fostering Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace? How do you even know where to start? This course is focused on just that, starting D&I initiatives at a grassroots level to drive organization-wide change.
With this approach, you don’t need to rely on formal, top-down directives to make your environment into a better place to work. This grassroots approach empowers you to take matters into your own hands, while being guided by the basic structure for building the foundation of an effective D&I program.
My name is Jennifer Kim, I’m an HR leader and D&I consultant working to make effective D&I a reality at more and more companies. Since there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to creating a D&I strategy, this course is all about figuring out where you are and what would work best for you to integrate D&I into your culture.
In this course you’ll learn:
Key terms in the D&I space
The business case for D&I and who is responsible for building D&I in an organization (hint: it's not just HR!)
A framework called the Advocate's Journey, which helps you understand where people are in their understanding of D&I and how you can move them forward
Who to include in your efforts and how to get buy-in for your work by engaging the right stakeholders
Easy, moderate, and big ideas you can implement in your organization
How to move forward to create a D&I strategy for your company
Building a diverse and inclusive workplace is not only good business and the morally right thing to do, it’s one of the most transformative things you can work on in your career. I personally have experienced the immense sense of purpose and satisfaction that comes from D&I work, and have gotten to help many others go through the same. I can’t wait to share that with you in this course, so enroll today!
- Employees and leaders of small companies who do not yet have an established Diversity & Inclusion program.
- Employees and leaders of larger companies that may already have established D&I programs, but those programs do not feel relevant or connected to employees’ needs.
- This course is not for D&I leaders with existing teams and roadmaps. It’s for people just getting started in D&I.