Diversity for Dummies: Making Multiculturalism Work
- No previous knowledge of the subject is required.
- A curiosity to explore multiculturalism
To build prosperous communities, nurturing schools, and innovative businesses; we require understanding of how to work with people from all walks of life. This course systematically prepares anyone interested in diversity and multiculturalism with important skills to make their environments more inclusive, safe, productive, and connected.
Concepts covered include the cultural, historical, and philosophical foundations of education in a multicultural society. We begin by outlining the principles of multicultural education, before looking at the connections between issues such as race, class, gender, and sexual orientation.
We also cover less addressed issues of diversity such as language, geography, religion, and the youth culture. Optional discussions, activities, and a range of additional readings deepen the learning so that anyone taking the class can put the ideas into practice right away.
Who this course is for:
- • For students thinking of studying anthropology, education, sociology, and related subjects at university
- • For anyone with a general interest in education and the relationship between society and culture
- • For people who wish to explore how multiculturalism can be used to enhance their practice
- 07:20What is Diversity and Why does it matter to you?
- 04:03Benefits of Diversity to the Organization
- 1 questionShifting Perspectives
- 05:58The importance of Diversity Consciousness for your organization
- 1 questionAssessing the six areas of Diversity Consciousness
Dr. Warren Chalklen is a passionate South African and education innovator who has taught over 145,046+ students across 182 countries using online and face to face platforms. He is obsessed with realizing a better world through building individual and organizational capacity in the fields of diversity, policy analysis, and data driven performance with softwares such as Excel, Salesforce and Balanced Scorecard tools. In his spare time he loves to travel and recently returned from a vacation in Cuba!