- 18 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the language of Mathematics and Mathematical symbols helping you through your Mathematical Journey.
- Construct, read and prove Mathematical statements using a variety of methods.
- Learn the fundamental topics in Logic, how to construct truth tables and tell the falsehood and truthfulness of a compound statements.
- Understand Boolean Expressions, black boxes, logical gates, digital circuits and many related topics
- Master fundamentals of Set Theory, equivalence relations and equivalence classes.
- Understand Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetics, Modular Arithmetic, and how to find GCD & LCM
- Learn how to find incidence and adjacency matrices, and identify walks trails, paths and circuits.
- Learn essential concepts in Statistics and Combinatorics.
- Know basic operations like addition and multiplication.
What is this course about?
Discrete Mathematics (DM), or Discrete Math is the backbone of Mathematics and Computer Science. DM is the study of topics that are discrete rather than continues, for that, the course is a MUST for any Math or SC student. The topics that are covered in this course are the most essential ones, those that will touch every Math and Science student at some point of their education. Discrete Mathematics gives students the ability to understand Math language and based on that, the course is divided into 8 sections. The sections are:
How is it delivered?
I know visually seeing a problem getting solved is the easiest and the most direct way for a student to learn so I designed the course keeping this in mind. The materials are delivered mostly through videos to make complex subject easy to comprehend. More details on certain lessons are delivered through text files to provide more explanation or examples. The course is taught in plain English, away from cloudy, complicated mathematical jargons and that is to help the student learn the material rather than getting stuck with fancy words.
How do I learn better?
There are quizzes after each section so you can test your knowledge and see how much of the material has sank in. I suggest you go through each lesson several times to better understand the content.
- This course is designed for Math and Computer Science majors or anyone interested in learning what makes the backbones of Mathematics and Computer Science.