Discover Abstract Painting Part 1 - Starting from realism.
What you'll learn
- Create an abstract painting from scratch
- Have a greater understanding of what makes an abstract painting interesting.
- Know the difference between abstract and figurative art
- Apply the taught method to your own favourite subject resulting in fantastic personal abstract artworks.
- Paint with increased confidence
- Recognise works of some pretty famous abstract artists from the past and the present.
- You will need to have access to a space where you can create freely (this can be the kitchen table or a spare room, up to you!)
- You will need to have access to a computer or tablet to follow the course :-) and after that you will be provided with a list of art materials that you'll need to start creating your own paintings throughout the course.
This course will help you gain a good understanding of the basics of abstract art. Besides an interesting journey through the history and development of the abstract movement you'll be taught a clear step by step practical method that involves moving gradually from a figurative drawing to a unique abstract painting. Anniek developed and teaches these techniques to students in art classes in London and overseas. This is the first time her courses are taught online. So wherever you're based, now you can join in and learn in your own time and space. Anniek has a positive approach and gently guides you through the course programme. Before you know it you've created a beautiful painting of your own!
Who this course is for:
- This Abstract Painting course is meant for students that are new to abstract art and/or the more experienced students looking to try a different approach.
I am a Dutch professional artist and artistic therapist (BA, MA) with over 15 years of experience in delivering art workshops, therapeutic courses and self development retreats, one to one sessions, exhibitions and collaborative projects in Europe, USA and the UK.
Since ten years I'm based in vibrant London (UK) where I see clients in my therapy practice, teach abstract painting at a top art school and create my own art for exhibitions and bespoke commissions.
I'm passionate about what I do and strive to share my expertise with as many people as I can with the aim to help fulfil their creative and personal potential.
My courses on here are designed to help you get started with various practical approaches to becoming more creative. It will also offer an insight in the rich language of form, colour, composition and more.
The therapeutic arts courses are designed to offer support to those who are looking for ways to deal with stress, anxiety, loss and challenging situations through specific art and therapeutic exercises. Perfect if you're going through a transition in life, looking to improve or support your psychological or emotional health and so much more .