Discover Abstract Painting Part 1 - Starting from realism.
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create an abstract painting from scratch
- Have a greater understanding of what makes an abstract painting interesting.
- Know the difference between abstract and figurative art
- Apply the taught method to your own favourite subject resulting in fantastic personal abstract artworks.
- Paint with increased confidence
- Recognise works of some pretty famous abstract artists from the past and the present.
- You will need to have access to a space where you can create freely (this can be the kitchen table or a spare room, up to you!)
- You will need to have access to a computer or tablet to follow the course :-) and after that you will be provided with a list of art materials that you'll need to start creating your own paintings throughout the course.
This course will help you gain a good understanding of the basics of abstract art. Besides an interesting journey through the history and development of the abstract movement you'll be taught a clear step by step practical method that involves moving gradually from a figurative drawing to a unique abstract painting. Anniek developed and teaches these techniques to students in art classes in London and overseas. This is the first time her courses are taught online. So wherever you're based, now you can join in and learn in your own time and space. Anniek has a positive approach and gently guides you through the course programme. Before you know it you've created a beautiful painting of your own!
- This Abstract Painting course is meant for students that are new to abstract art and/or the more experienced students looking to try a different approach.
In this introduction video you'll hear a brief overview of the course Discover Abstract Painting Part 1 from realism to abstraction. Anniek Verholt, a professional artist, artistic therapist, art educator and your tutor on this course explains the journey you are about to embark on.
In small steps you will be guided from the figurative and representational reality all the way into abstraction where the focus is on form, composition, colour and line.
A list of art materials is provided so that you can make a start with the first part of your creative studies.
This is a first creative exercise as part of a warm up. A blind drawing of your still life is a way to move closer to the mindset needed to paint and understand abstract art. This can be fun and liberating. A demo of a blind drawing is included.
This lecture will guide through the process of gradually abstracting your drawing yet retaining the essence of your subject.
This lecture offers a list of painting materials that are needed for the next stage of this course.
This lecture gives an overview of what colours maybe used, how to mix colour and how colour can change your painting.
Discover abstract painting Part 2 will take you further into the world of abstract painting. Instead of using a figurative subject to work from we will work with a more experimental approach using our senses and imagination...resulting in dynamic and fully abstract paintings.
More information will follow soon!