Professional Directing Techniques - from a working pro
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- I guarantee your directing skills will improve from immersing yourself in this course of study.
- You will spend a full day on set as I am creating my multi-award winning documentary, "Cracker - the last Cowboys of Florida"
- You will get a step-by-step explanation of how I created two hugely successful national TV commercials.
- You will learn how to conduct a successful interview - for corporate executives, documentary subjects and all manners of other videos.
- You will learn how to set-up shots, either yourself, or with a camera operator.
- You will learn how to find work in your local area - where you live.
- You will learn the importance of dressing yourself to succeed in the many different arenas of film making that you might want to work in.
- You will finally get to see a successful video director actually at work.
- A video director only needs four things: Eyes, Ears, Brains and Patience. You can always hire experts for any other part of your production.
In 2005, after twenty years as a top TV commercial director, I was invited to lecture on film production techniques at the National Association of Broadcasters annual get together in Las Vegas. My classes were so successful, that I created three "How To" videos covering Camera, Lighting and Directing techniques. We sold over a thousand of these at $99 each. I'm pleased to present this one on directing here.
I will cover what I consider the necessary techniques here, garnered from thousands of hours on sets and locations around the world.
- I designed this course for corporate, independent and all students of film and video. Anyone with an interest in how movies are made will find lectures in this course of interest. Whether you write, shoot, direct and edit, or just want to direct award winning video, this course was designed for you.