Audiovisual Translation and Subtitling Course
What you'll learn
- Knowledge of best practices in subtitling and dubbing
- The ability to apply the learned skills to fragments of movies, documentaries, and shows that you will translate into your target language
- The ability to use open-source software to create subtitles and dubbing scripts
- The skills to translate and localize video content (movies, documentaries, and shows) into your target language
- The ability to create fully localized video content
- Students are expected to possess advanced-level proficiency in English and at least one other language.
- Knowledge of at Least One Foreign Language
- Computer with Internet Connection
- Adobe Subscription (Premiere Pro & Audition)
- Subtitle Edit
With the explosion of digital video content in today’s world, it is only natural that much of that content demands to be localized and translated. Translators are required to translate videos so they can be streamed, shared, or embedded online. To cater to this explosion of video demand, audiovisual translation has emerged as a new field with several modalities: subtitling, dubbing, closed captioning, audio-description, and script translation. This language-neutral course provides the essential tools for producing translations in the main modalities. It also presents the best practices in the field for high-quality audiovisual translations. The course is taught in English and is very practical in nature. All assignments will be hands-on, and participants will translate media into their own target language.
During the program, you will be practicing with audiovisual genres material such as:
This course is not a language-based course. Therefore, we won't get into the theories of translation nor will we practice actual translation processes.
Knowledge of best practices in subtitling and dubbing, and the ability to apply them to fragments of movies, documentaries, and shows that you will translate into your target language
The ability to use open-source software to create subtitles and dubbing scripts
The skills to translate and localize video content (movies, documentaries, and shows) into your target language
The ability to create fully localized video content
Who this course is for
Interpreters, students, and professionals interested in the field of audiovisual media translation
Translators who need a review of subtitling and voice replacement techniques
Who this course is for:
- students, and professionals interested in the field of audiovisual media translation
- Translators who need a review of subtitling and voice replacement techniques
My name's Yassine El Rhaffouli, and I'm a writer. I hold a BA in Linguistics from Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University. Currently, I'm preparing my MA in Interpreting and Translation at King Fahd School of Translation.
I've had such an enormous passion for the English language since I was a kid, and that is why I took an English Linguistics course in my university 2 years ago. I wanted to share my experience with the world, and Udemy has made that true. Now, I have contact with over 5000 students globally. I'm quite infatuated with this achievement.
Writing is an incredible tool that helps us immortalize our ideas for upcoming generations.