Diminished Lightning Vol. 3 - Advanced Gypsy Jazz Guitar
What you'll learn
- Play advanced guitar solos using Diminished!
- Apply Gypsy Jazz picking technique to your licks for speed, fluidity, and power!
- Get better at getting good: internalize new material faster!
- Learn how to play diminished arpeggios going different directions of the fretboard!
- Clear and thorough explinations of exactly how to play many diminished arpeggios!
- Master the art of placing single note diminished licks, arpeggios, and phrases!
- Create momentum in your solos by leading-in with diminished!
- Use your solos to "lead" the music instead of the other way around!
- Learn how Django Reinhardt used Diminished in his solos
- Tips for playing smooth chromatic runs
- This is a course for guitarists, but the concepts can be applied to other instruments
Electrify your guitar solos with Diminished lightning!
In this advanced Gypsy Jazz guitar soloing course, we delve into some of the most powerful uses of the diminished 7th Arpeggio!
The first section is an exploration of different ways to play the diminished arpeggio. This will help you to master the entire guitar neck. By using diminished to move in different directions, your fingers will effortlessly fly around the guitar!
We will also get into how to use diminished arpeggios to create momentum in your solos. By leading-in with diminished, you can imbue your solos with a sense of authority and drive the music!
In the third section, we will master the open string diminished arpeggios. Doing this will instantly give you more soloing options in the twangiest area of the strings!
Learn some lightning fast Gypsy Jazz diminished licks in the fourth section! Everything is broken down in great detail so that even a beginner can get the hang of how to use diminished in a single-note solo.
If you want to take your playing to an advanced level, then join me on this dive into the world of diminished lightning!
Who this course is for:
- This is an advanced course. If you are new to diminished, check out my beginner's course "Diminished Lightening Vol. 1" and my intermediate course "Diminished Lightening Vol. 2"
---- AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE LESSONS ----
Alex Simon also offer private, 1-on-1 lessons over Zoom, or in person if you are in NYC. Email email@example.com for more information.
Inspired by the legendary Gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt, Alex Simon
imbues dazzling technique and lyrical, impressionistic expression with a
twenty-first century sensibility.
Alex Simon has performed at The Guggenheim, The Rainbow Room, The Roxy, Cafe Medi, St. Mazie, and many other of New York City's finest venues.
Simon’s repertoire includes Early Jazz and Musette Classics, Tangos,
Bossas, Boleros, Rumbas, Mambos, Gypsy Valses, and original works.