What you'll learn
- Digital Communication
- Baseband digital communicaiton and passband digital communicaiton
- Pulse code modulation, digital modulation types, FSK, ASK, PSK
- Basic knowledge for signals and systems is necessary
- Fundamental knowledge of signals and systems is required.
- Knowledge of analog communication can be a plus.
In this course, fundamentals of digital communication are thought. We will basically cover two main topics which are digital base-band transmission and digital pass-band transmission. The sub-topics covered in base-band transmission are: pulse modulation, PCM Waveform Types, quantization, line codes, optimum receiver, detection of binary signals in Gaussian noise, matched filter, duo-binary signaling, inter-symbol interference. The sub-topics covered in pass-band transmission are: geometric representation of signals, digital modulation schemes, digital receiver design, error performance for binary systems.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone interested in learning digital communication
- Electronic Engineers
- Computer Engineers, anyone working in communication industry
Prof. Dr. Academic Educator is working in University. He is teaching communication, signal processing, VHDL programming and hardware courses for years. He is interested in VHDL programming of FPGA devices. Prof. Dr. Academic Educator has written 10 text books all related to Electrical and Electronics engineering subjects, such as VHDL programming, coding theory, signal and systems etc.