Virtual Impact and Influence - Engage your online audience!
What you'll learn
- How to deliver highly effective and impactful presentations online.
- How to keep your digital audience engaged while you are speaking.
- How to be properly seen and heard in online meetings
- To understand and be skilled in using functionality of online platforms.
- To understand how best to use your voice to create impact and make up for the loss of body language that is a consequence of the digital world
- To know and understand what equipment can be used to enhance your digital presentations.
- Participants should have the equipment that enables them to participate in online meetings / presentations. i.e. a PC or laptop that has audio and visual capability
Many people say that webinars and conference calls are no substitute for meetings and live presentations. In some respects, we agree – the power of a face to face interaction is unquestionable. Part of the reason, however, that people feel remote meetings and presentations are much less valuable is at least in part because they are executed so badly!
The nature of work has shifted significantly as a result of the pandemic and the enforced home working that has been created.
Post pandemic so many more meetings and presentation are and will remain online as businesses capitalise on the greater efficiencies these formats can offer. Because online meetings and presentations have become the new normal, people’s expectations have risen. It's no longer good enough to be “winging it”.
The aim of this course is to learn and build on the skills that you have and to make online meetings as productive as face to face ones. It is structured to be highly practical so you can apply the skills and techniques immediately and quickly look and sound more professional and have greater impact in these virtual forums.
At the end of this course, you will have an easy-to-understand toolkit to use for all your future online meetings and presentations.
Who this course is for:
- People working in organisations in the UK (who may be a bit fed up with a lot of content focussed on US culture and requirements)
- This course is meant for people who want to be able to get their ideas across effectively in the virtual / remote environment.
- People who have many virtual meetings and presentations, for whom it is a big part of their working lives.
- People who have experience of virtual meetings and presentations but want to be able to have the same impact as if they were face to face.
- People who need to make an impact with virtual presentation events such as an important pitch or interview
Patricia has a broad and deep background in business, initially in the consumer goods industry working in sales management for companies like P&G and Coca-Cola.
She is and has been for the last 18 years, a consultant, specialising in helping organisations become more effective by helping them clearly diagnose issues and opportunities and design solutions to increase commercial effectiveness.
She has extensive experience working with a range of clients from start-ups to global businesses across multiple industry verticals and several public-sector organisations. She works with businesses and individuals coaching and developing their capabilities around sales, influence, communication and speaking.
She designs and delivers bespoke solutions on sales, communication, and speaking initiatives.
Patricia has recently published a book called “She Said! “which is a practical handbook for women speaking and being heard, overcoming the silencing drivers and unconscious bias in organisations.