Digital Portrait Drawing for Beginners and Advanced Students
What you'll learn
- digital drawing & painting
- digital portrait drawing in Photoshop
- realistic drawing
- foundational drawing techniques
- form & anatomy of the facial features eye, nose, ear, mouth, hair and skin
- drawing portraits from every perspective
- drawing portraits from imagination
- drawing portraits with a template
- form & anatomy of the human head (muscles, bones, ...)
- male & female head proportions
- portrait construction & advanced Loomis method
- drawing different age groups (seniors, babies, adults, children, teenager)
- drawing different ethnicities
- be able to draw every person from this earth
- drawing authentic emotions
- different digital & mixed media portrait styles (realistic, cartoony, comic, etc.)
- multiple exercises & additional material for advanced students
- drawing the foundational geometric shapes (box, cylinder & sphere)
- several beautiful portrait projects
- material: pencil, eraser & paper, graphics tablet (recommended), digital drawing program (Photoshop, Procreate, Gimp, etc.)
- basic knowledge of Photoshop or a similar program is required (like where is the brush / understanding the interface – so very basic ;))
Learn to draw human faces without previous drawing knowledge to create beautiful works of art for hobby and profession and to put your own ideas on paper.
Master the drawing of portraits in different styles
This is what you will learn and achieve:
learn or improve basic drawing techniques (shapes, perspective basics, light, shadow, color, anatomy, proportions, composition...)
draw portraits using a template
draw portraits completely from imagination
draw individual facial features (eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hair, skin)
draw realistic portraits
draw stylized portraits
draw male and female proportions
understand the anatomy of the head and use it for drawing
draw authentic emotions
learn various digital and mixed media drawing techniques
learn several Photoshop & brush tricks
find inspiration for your own portrait style
learn best practices: numerous exercises to apply your knowledge and improve your drawing skills even after you have finished the course
… and much more!
Take your drawing skills to the next level
Whether as a hobby artist, professional illustrator, art student, game artist / concept artist / 2D/3D artist, character designer or graphic designer: drawing skills in the portrait field are in demand everywhere.
In this course, you will learn step by step and in detail how to create beautiful portraits from your imagination and in different styles. With this you can deepen your hobby, turn it into a profession or take your existing artistic profession to the next level with better portfolio work.
Content & Overview
Whether you are a beginner or an advanced artist, in this course you will learn everything you need to know about portraiture.
In an introduction, you will learn what the head is made of and how to break down the complex anatomical structures into simple shapes. In individual lessons about facial features and emotions, you will acquire more detailed knowledge in order to be able to draw realistic portraits. Afterwards, I will show you in numerous different examples how to apply the acquired knowledge, construct heads and draw individual portraits of every person from this world – no matter which age, ethnicity, gender or emotion.
After completing the course and all the exercises you will be able to draw your own portraits completely from imagination, in different styles and in every perspective.
You will also have acquired basic drawing techniques to draw other things and to modify your portraits. Whether cartoon-, alien-, or other portraits: you will be able to put everything on digital paper. Although the course is designed for digital work, many of the techniques can be transferred to traditional drawing outside of Photoshop or to other digital drawing programs.
I will provide you with numerous exercise sheets, additional materials, editing tricks in Photoshop and insider tips so that you can improve quickly and never again get into an artist block with portrait drawing.
If you finish the course completely and have worked on it really carefully, you will certainly become a very good (portrait) artist.
This self-learning course includes over 60 lessons and over 4 hours of on demand video material. No feedback included.
Who this course is for:
- hobby artists, who want to learn how to draw portraits (with pencil oder digital drawing programs)
- art/design/illustration-students, who want to learn how to draw or improve their portraits and drawing techniques
- professional artists (illustrators, graphic designers, concept artists, game artists, etc.) who want to improve their drawing skills even further
- everyone, who does not want to spend thousands of dollars and hours for art school and who wants to get all the important knowledge and training for portrait drawing in one place
Hi, mein Name ist Sandra Süsser und ich arbeite selbstständig als »The Coaching Artist«.
Das heißt, einerseits erstelle ich als Diplom Kommunikationsdesignerin und Digital Artist professionell verschiedene Grafiken in den Bereichen Illustration, Game Art und Concept Art.
Andererseits helfe ich als Creative Coach, Dozentin, Autorin, YouTuber & mehr anderen Kreativen, ihr volles Potential zu verwirklichen.
Und genau dafür baue ich die »S-Art School« auf – eine Online-Schule für Kreative, die zeichnen lernen und kreativ erfolgreich leben wollen.
Sprich: Art Tutorials & Inspiration zu Persönlichkeitsentwicklung in einem!
My name is Sandra Süsser and I am working as "The Coaching Artist". This means, on the one hand, I am creating 2D and 3D graphics as a digital freelance artist (in the areas of game art, concept art and illustration).
On the other hand I am helping other creatives reach their full potential as a creative coach. Therefore I am creating courses, books, blog posts, YT tutorials and more.
My mission is to inspire with my art and knowledge.