An Introduction to Digital Platform Governance
What you'll learn
- What digital platforms are
- Core components of platform ecosystems
- The fundamentals of platform governance and its functions
- Three facets of digital platform governance: Decision rights, control mechanisms, & pricing policies
- Who decides what in digital platforms like Google's Android & Apple's iOS
- The role of platform pricing policies
- How control portfolios are configured
- Basic understanding of English
- Basic familiarity with IT
- No prep work or previous knowledge required
What's in this course?
This course offers an introduction to digital platforms and how they are governed. Platforms like Apple's iOS, Android, Facebook, and Amazon are changing the rules of competition. They are challenging conventional models of business. This course will help you make sense of the dynamics of digital platform ecosystems. Topic covered include: the core components of platform ecosystems, differences between traditional IT governance and platform governance, the three facets of platform governance: (1) Decision Rights; (2) Control Portfolio Design; and (3) Pricing Policies.
How will this course help you?
You will be well versed on how platforms operate and how they are governed
You will be equipped for a job that requires fundamental knowledge of how platforms are orchestrated between platform owners, App developers and end-users
You will gain knowledge of the facets of platform governance
You will garner insights on how platform owners set decision rights, controls and pricing policies
Here is what you will receive with your enrolment:
High-quality lectures that explain the different terms and concepts with real world practical examples.
Lifetime access with no expiration so you can complete the course at your own pace, anywhere, on any device and come back for a refresher at any time.
Through the course you will gain knowledge on these topics:
Understand how digital platforms are organized
Master the fundamental concepts around the governance of platforms
Be bale to describe common facets of platform governance
Understand the opportunities and challenges associated with platforms
Who this course is for:
- Students and professionals in the IT field
- Individuals looking to pursue IT management fields
- App developers/organizations
◉ I hold a PhD in Information Systems from the University of Oslo in Norway.
◉ I have 11 years of professional experience in management, consulting and research in IT
◉ I also have 3 years of experience as a university instructor for IT and management course
◉ My research has been published in scientific journal and international conferences such as Information and Organization, Electronic Government, Information Technology for Development, and European Conference on Information Systems.