Digital Photography: Capturing the Moment
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you'll have an increased ability to anticipate and see "moments"
- By the end of the course you'll have a better understanding of how ISO, shutter, and aperture create good exposure
- By the end of the course you'll have a completed photography project ready for review
- Digital camera with manual exposure option
- Willing to complete the assignments and practice, to integrate learning
- Computer with internet (for course downloads and viewing)
If you're interested in photography and taking beautiful or creative photographs it's essential to know your equipment, and how it works. Learn how to take better photographs by taking control of your camera in this less than 1-hour online course. In this course we'll cover:
- Exposure (shutter, aperture, and ISO)
- Camera settings to optimize your photographs
Included with the course is are downloadable PDF training and planning guides, homework assignments, a quiz, and project planning guide to help you successfully tell a story or show a moment.
Who this course is for:
- Basic knowledge of digital cameras above point-and-shoot
- Student, hobbyist, or aspiring professional photographers
- Artists who want to expand to new mediums
Trained in journalism at the undergraduate level, Christine has worked in the photography industry for over ten years. In 2006, she and her husband opened their own wedding and portrait business. They have been serving wedding, portrait, and corporate clients ever since.
Christine began teaching photography in 2007, and specializes in communicating complex or technical information in relatable terms for the non-professional to individuals or groups.
Christine's photography clients describe her style as: emotional, intimate, and classic.