Digital Painting in General
What you'll learn
- Understand the differences and similarities in different painting apps.
- Understand drawing tablets and which one to choose.
- Learn the fundamental tools we use to make digital paintings.
- Learn various digital painting techniques used by professionals and hobbyists.
- Watch a demonstration of a full digital illustration.
- You should have basic understanding of drawing.
- To make your own painting you will need a tablet or computer.
Digital painting is an increasingly popular art medium, and it is the dominant industry standard for many entertainment industries such as games and movies. You don't have to be an artist to learn the ins and outs of digital painting. It is a fun hobby and useful for anyone who appreciates art.
This class is intended to demonstration how digital art works "in general" and, to give you a foundation in the process of creating your own digital illustrations with confidence. It's a fun class with lots of examples and demonstrations to help making digital painting fun for everyone.
We will cover a variety of softwares, demonstrated in real-time video with discussion and tips. The softwares include Photoshop, GIMP, Sketchbook, and Krita. We will see what all of these softwares have in common and where they differ. And with these few softwares you should also be able to understand any other software in the world of digital painting.
After that we will walk through a full digital painting from start to finish. The instructor will show you the most popular standards for creating digital art as well his own preferred techniques. We will cover various methods of creating digital art, including the most popular methods used by industry professionals.
Who this course is for:
- Begginer to Intermediate digital artists.
- Anyone curious about digital art.
- Anyone interesting in my painting techniques.
Brendon Schumacker is an accomplished artist and illustrator with experience in many art forms. Having drawn since a young age, Brendon has a lifetime of educational background in freehand art from various schools in USA and has studied along side with artists of varied backgrounds, giving him a diverse understanding of many illustration styles and techniques. He has published comics and children's books, has done multiple gallery openings, and has been doing freelance illustration and design for over 10 years. His instruction style is casual and entertaining while also being detailed in his examination of varied art techniques.