Digital Painting: From Sketch to Finished Product
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 11 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create amazing digital paintings with Adobe Photoshop!
- Break into an exciting and growing digital art marketplace.
- Focus their creativity into an easy-to-grasp process that leads to excellent results.
- Photoshop and a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos 3 recommended) along with a creative spirit are all that is needed.
- Fundamentals will be covered, but a general understanding of art basics is recommended.
Digital Painting from Blank Canvas to Completed Product
If you are a student with plans to enter the field of conceptual art and illustration or already work in the business but want to learn an exciting way to build a strong client base and improve workflow, this course is perfect. However, the course is also beneficial for virtually anyone interested in painting something unique and cool on the computer.
How to Transform the Ordinary into Something Extraordinary with Digital Painting
Content and Overview
By applying everything learned in this course, you have incredible opportunities to work within multiple industries, including entertainment, law enforcement, and medical. Digital painting is widely used in the creation of characters seen in blockbuster films, promotional materials for video games, costume and mask design, and detailed illustrations used by medical professionals, and this course paves the way.
Other courses tend to skip critical steps or gloss over information, but with this digital painting course, everything you need to get started is provided. This course will take you through the process of creating an amazing digital character illustration step-by-step using Adobe Photoshop.
When finished, you will have created a digital painting of a character face and will possess basic skills for creating pieces to share or even use in an upcoming project.
After completing this course using Adobe Photoshop, you will have the ability to create polished illustrations from scratch. Included in the course are rough sketching, inking, basic mark-making and rendering, using quick mask mode to block in, blocking and painting, skin tones, and polish and presentation.
- This digital art class is perfect for beginners seeking to break into the digital art field.
- Novices and even professionals will also benefit a great deal from this class. Refine your methods and increase the marketability of your work. Level up!
Introduction, Equipment Requirements and Course Overview
- It's always best to have more than one example to work from, so I've gone through the entire process again with a new character. I'll be adding new character videos like this one from time to time. Please let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to see for the next entry.
This is a comprehensive video tutorial showing a male character rendered from scratch. We discuss everything from ideation to finishing touches. All techniques covered to this point will be used along with several new techniques. This is a more advanced challenge so it is recommended that you attempt this only after completing earlier sections.