Digital Painting: From Sketch to Finished Product
What you'll learn
- Create amazing digital paintings with Adobe Photoshop!
- Break into an exciting and growing digital art marketplace.
- Focus their creativity into an easy-to-grasp process that leads to excellent results.
- Photoshop and a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos 3 recommended) along with a creative spirit are all that is needed.
- Fundamentals will be covered, but a general understanding of art basics is recommended.
Digital Painting from Blank Canvas to Completed Product
If you are a student with plans to enter the field of conceptual art and illustration or already work in the business but want to learn an exciting way to build a strong client base and improve workflow, this course is perfect. However, the course is also beneficial for virtually anyone interested in painting something unique and cool on the computer.
How to Transform the Ordinary into Something Extraordinary with Digital Painting
Content and Overview
By applying everything learned in this course, you have incredible opportunities to work within multiple industries, including entertainment, law enforcement, and medical. Digital painting is widely used in the creation of characters seen in blockbuster films, promotional materials for video games, costume and mask design, and detailed illustrations used by medical professionals, and this course paves the way.
Other courses tend to skip critical steps or gloss over information, but with this digital painting course, everything you need to get started is provided. This course will take you through the process of creating an amazing digital character illustration step-by-step using Adobe Photoshop.
When finished, you will have created a digital painting of a character face and will possess basic skills for creating pieces to share or even use in an upcoming project.
After completing this course using Adobe Photoshop, you will have the ability to create polished illustrations from scratch. Included in the course are rough sketching, inking, basic mark-making and rendering, using quick mask mode to block in, blocking and painting, skin tones, and polish and presentation.
Who this course is for:
- This digital art class is perfect for beginners seeking to break into the digital art field.
- Novices and even professionals will also benefit a great deal from this class. Refine your methods and increase the marketability of your work. Level up!
Hardy is a professional concept artist and illustrator working in New Orleans, LA.
He has designed and painted hundreds of characters, creatures, machines and scenes for numerous entertainment industry clients; and his artwork is featured in elite digital art annuals such as Exposé.
In his courses, Hardy distills down years of industry experience—into transformative courses for serious concept artists.
Project Based Skill Development
His project-based approach will guide you every step of the way, as you learn performance enhancing techniques, professional processes and the creative mindset that will set you apart.
The imaginative, lifelike and detailed projects you create in his courses will become the digital art portfolio that captivates your clients.