Digital Disruption Masterclass PLUS Agile & Hackathons
What you'll learn
- How the winners of digital disruption created exponential business models
- How "the crazy ones" like Elon Musk and Steve Jobs achieve radical product innovation
- How firms and governments are driving digital transformation agendas
- Self-disruption through innovation contests such as the FNB Codefest, featured in Harvard Business Review
- Digital competitiveness in financial services companies and other industries
- The principles and advantages of Agile and DevOps for business and IT
- The story behind Kodak, Instagram, Sony, Apple, Blockbuster, Netflix, Nokia and Waze
- The stages and dramatic consequences of exponential growth
- Blockchain, bitcoin, the future of money and what it means for consumers and banks
- The discontinuous nature of truly radical product innovation
- How cloud works and the nature of its digital advantage for firms and consumers
- Customer-centric design thinking and reinventing the modern organisation from the outside in
- Automation in America and the impact on trucking jobs and society
- The importance of culture, leadership and small team environments in transformation
- "Over The Top" business models and what that means for the utilities that support them
- Design thinking as a leadership imperative for outperformance in digitally disrupted industries
- The strategic importance of digital talent and skills retention in digital transformation
- Customer ecosystems made possible with the Internet of Things and Cognitive Computing
- Hackathons are "moonshot factories" that help drive improved team collaboration and individual motivation
- FNB Codefest was a large hackathon in the banking industry and featured in Harvard Business Review
- Drive your Agile journey with a hackathon that gives teams freedom to solve business problems with the latest technology
- Top firms use hackathons to drive innovation such as Facebook's Like button and Google's map search feature
- Numerous global online hackathons responded to the global pandemic of 2020 by building social impact solutions
- Autonomy, mastery and purpose are intrinsic motivators for individuals to achieve sustainable high performance
- Masterclasses with experts can help team members gain skills in new technologies to achieve even better solutions
- Business leaders at FNB Codefest observed Agile practices that provide "competitor advantage"
- Collaboration at hackathons can bring people together from different departments to work together
- Business and IT work closely together at hackathons and build solutions much faster
- The FNB Codefest started as a small event with 40 people but grew over 4 years to a week long sprint with 350 people
- The Agile manifesto requires team environments that are trusting and supportive for people to get the job done
Get instant access to worksheets, follow along, and keep for reference
Introduce yourself to our community of students in this course and tell us your goals
Encouragement and celebration of your progress every step of the way: 25% > 50% > 75% & 100%
Over 10 hours of clear and concise step-by-step instructions, lessons, and engagement
What others are saying about this course:
"This has provided great insight into the Digital transformation. Highly recommended." - Madhan J.
"This course was interesting and provided me the fundamentals to proceed. It is no secret, sometimes technology is a good thing, but it can impact many different things. Companies should adapt or they could end up losing more than just money." - Robert B.
"This course is brilliant - very interesting and covering so many factors of the digital world i reviewed all the resources which were very informative. Great Course and learnt so much from it" - Sue G.
"Very well thought out course and made easy to understand. The worksheets style are a brilliant point of reference for each course segment covered." - Agnes O.
"I am enjoying it, the course is current in terms of what is happening in the world of technology and paves the mindset for trying to think forward." - Dino G.
"Outstanding information, really an eye-opener, inspiring enough to spark an idea. thank you so much for this Peter." - Roy E.
"Fantastic course, it was easy to follow and it filled the gaps that I had with regards to the subject of digital" - Given
"I enjoyed the content and the authors ability to convey knowledge and to keep me intrigued from start to end. The author has done an excellent job and I am looking forward to more content from him" - Hebendran
"This course is really awesome, Peter really gets what it takes to win in the new age of business and it's really cool that he has shared his knowledge with the world" - Dean
Digital changed the world, businesses were turned upside down, and COVID-19 in 2020 has accelerated this trend. Consumers have unprecedented access to information and services that change how they are seen as customers. Digital disruption is all about how this has happened, the winners and losers, and the new rules of the game. Digital transformation is all about how individuals, firms, and governments are responding, changing their habits, ways of working, and expectations of any relationship. These are radical shifts that everyone needs to understand and continually anticipate in the second half of the digitally exponential chess board. All 12 lessons in the course include a handy worksheet that you can download and which summarises the key lessons for your application and future reference.
In this course, I’ll be engaging you 1 on 1, as well as providing you with visual insights and downloadable resources to support and embed your learning. We can also engage around the course content and once you’ve enrolled you’ll have access to it as I keep it updated. I’ve researched these topics in my Ph.D., written extensively about them on my blog, and spoken about them at international conferences. I’ve also had to adapt to them in my own life in the same way that you probably have. I look forward to seeing you in the lessons and please remember to rate and review the course. It's a privilege to be part of your learning journey.
What you will learn:
The winners and losers of digital disruption; Kodak, Instagram, Nokia, Waze, and more
Over The Top business models and the utilities they disintermediate
Blockchain and bitcoin; how it works and why it is a threat
Self-disruption through internal innovation and employee incentivization
The FNB Codefest which was featured as a case study in Harvard Business Review
Customer-centric design thinking and why big companies need it
Principles and stages of exponential growth curves
The rise of digital customers, the decline of physical networks
How firms need "the crazy ones" to drive radical product innovation
How the Internet of Things creates ecosystems for customers
Agile, DevOps, and the principles of new ways of working
The "Innovators Dilemma" of risking everything to stay ahead
Virtual Reality, Artificial intelligence, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things
Obsession with the customer experience and outside-in design thinking
Digitization of industries, firms, and the impact of intelligent automation
Models of exponential growth and technology adoption
Incubators, accelerators, and the startup ecosystem
Authentic leadership in a digitally changing world
The new millennial generation and the customer of the future
Hackathons are "moonshot factories" that help drive improved team collaboration and individual motivation
FNB Codefest was a large hackathon in the banking industry and featured in Harvard Business Review
Drive your Agile journey with a hackathon that gives teams freedom to solve business problems with the latest technology
Top firms use hackathons to drive innovation such as Facebook's Like button and Google's map search feature
Numerous global online hackathons responded to the global pandemic of 2020 by building social impact solutions
Autonomy, mastery and purpose are intrinsic motivators for individuals to achieve sustainable high performance
Masterclasses with experts can help team members gain skills in new technologies to achieve even better solutions
Business leaders at FNB Codefest observed Agile practices that provide "competitor advantage"
Collaboration at hackathons can bring people together from different departments to work together
Business and IT work closely together at hackathons and build solutions much faster
The FNB Codefest started as a small event with 40 people but grew over 4 years to a week long sprint with 350 people
The Agile manifesto requires team environments that are trusting and supportive for people to get the job done
Contents and Overview
You'll start with Digital Winners Have Turned Business Upside Down; Grasp The Nettle: The Second Half of Exponential Is Here; Digital Money And The Future Of Finance; Digital Disruption In Banking; The Future of Banking – A South African perspective; How The Crazy Ones Do It; Cloud As A Disruption Enabler For All; The Rise of Blockchain;
We will also cover Digitally Rewiring The Modern Firm; Disrupt Yourself Or Die A Digital Death; Learn How Agile Changed Everything; Get Obsessed Now With Customer Experience; Top Talent For The Future Fit Organisation; Super Apps Drive Banking Beyond Money;
This course will also tackle Learn Digital Transformation Intro; Learnings Digital Transformation; The Idea of Strategic Ambidexterity; Learnings- Digital Transformation; Self Disruption; Learning Digital Transformation: Agile and Customer Experience; Learning Digital Transformation: Talent and Beyond the core; Learn Digital Disruption intro; Learning Digital Disruption; Digital Winners and Losers; Opinion on Digital Disruption on Africa; Learn Digital Disruption; Experimental Growth; Learn Digital Disruption; banking, discontinuity of innovation and cloud; extra webinars on Digital Disruption and Digital Transformation.
Then you'll get Learn About How We Ran FNB Codefest: Maximise Business Value & Team Performance; Two Case Studies Of FNB Codefest: Harvard Business Review & SAICSIT Conference; The QuantFest Event As A Type Of Virtual Hackathon; Learn How FNB Codefest Achieved Collaboration By Setting Teams Up For Success; Highlights From The 2015 FNB Codefest That Demonstrate Improved Collaboration; Create Mastery Autonomy Purpose By Learning From How Hackathons Drive Motivation; Highlights From The 2017 FNB Codefest That Demonstrate Individual Motivation; Moonshot Factories And How Competitive Innovation Moves Organisations Forward; Highlights From 2019 FNB Codefest: A Moonshot Factory For The Banking Industry; Codefest is an opportunity to collaborate; Codefest according to business point of view; Bringing value to customer -codefest motive; Pair programming,visualization for bockchaining; Codefest enables to do Do work quickly; Simulations concept at codefest; VS bank at codefest; Digitization at codefest; Innovating program at Codefest; Digital team at codefest; Agile methodologies; Technologies used by teams at FNB Codefest-overview; Cloud Solutions team at CodeFest; Concept of Masterclass and why we need it at Codefest; How to incollaborate new technology in an organization; Big Data,Blockchain ,IBM at Codefest; Innovations in the working environment by Codefest; Open Source Movement at Codefest; Development Model; Oracle team at Codefest; Democratizing technology; Custom Software Development Team at Codefest; DVT team at Codefest; how Code fest is adding value in IT world?; Security issues in IT; Microsoft team at Codefest; Testing team at Codefest; Learning environment at Codefest; VS bank at Codefest; Virtual Ebox; Sentimate Analysis; Forex Business at Codefest; Whats Happening in Industry; Banking app production at Codefest; EGifting App at Codesfest; How to get success at Codefest;
You'll get premium support and feedback to help you become more confident with finance!
Our happiness guarantee...
We have a 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
We can't wait to see you on the course!
Enroll now, and we'll help you improve your digital skills!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in digital disruption and digital transformation
- Employees of companies looking for digital insights
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema" ... "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I lead Digital Transformation & Architecture at ABB and I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 100,000 students about technology, business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"