Digital Forensics for Pentesters - Hands-on
What you'll learn
- How to forensically image devices.
- How to recover deleted data from various operating systems.
- How to produce professional and legal digital forensic reports.
- How to properly handle digital media before and during investigations.
- How to utilize various forensic tools for digital forensic investigations.
- Analyze and reverse engineer software and malware.
- Good working knowledge of a computer.
- Good familiarity with Linux and Windows.
- Good working knowledge of networking.
- Good knowledge of pentesting basics.
Digital forensics is becoming very important in Cyber Security to detect and backtrack Black Hat Criminals. It is essential to remove Hackers’ malicious backdoors/malware and trace them back to avoid possible future incidents. Digital forensics is becoming very important in Cyber Security to detect and backtrack Black Hat Criminals. Digital forensics is essential to remove Hackers’ malicious backdoors/malware and trace them back to avoid possible future incidents.
This course acts as a digital forensics’ primer for pentesters and cybersecurity professionals wanting to expand their knowledge and add additional tools and skills to their resumes.
Please watch the course overview before enrolling. Hands-on, applied learning is not for everyone. This course is not for you if you are looking for a PowerPoint-driven course where students watch videos, download PDF files, and take notes. There are plenty of lecture-driven courses, but this is not one of them.
Make sure you understand the difference between watching and applying.
The course is an excellent primer for anyone considering a career in digital forensics. It's important to understand the difference between digital forensics and computer security.
This course will consist of video tutorials and lab files that demonstrate the concepts of digital forensics.
This course is designed for anyone interested in digital forensics as it relates to pentesting and ethical hacking.
Who this course is for:
- Pentesters interested digital forensic investigations.
Prof. K comes to Udemy with a Master of Science in Cyber Security from UMUC (2015) and a Master of Science in Information Technology from Capella University (2007).
Professor K has worked in technology for more than 20 years and has been an online instructor for 14 years. When not maintaining his own online published courses, Professor K works as a full and part faculty member teaching technology, cybersecurity, and digital forensics courses for several online universities and colleges.