Organize your digital life (clutter, de-clutter, declutter)
What you'll learn
- How to get to - and stay at - inbox zero
- How to organise your data
- How to declutter and organise your computer desktop
- How to organise digital photos
- How to manage notes and bookmarks
- How to minimise distractions (notifications, pop-ups)
- Disposing of old technology (without losing data or putting it at risk)
- What to delete to free up storage
- Data security
- Securing your digital legacy - what will happen to your data after you pass away?
- You need basic IT ability For example, you know what files and folders are, and how to create, save, rename, move, copy and delete them.
Are you overwhelmed with digital clutter?
Do you know where your photos, music and documents are?
Are you running out of storage on your phone and frustrated by how slow your computer runs?
Is your email inbox backed up with thousands of unread emails?
Should you use an automated password manager?
How can you make sure your data is safe from theft, fire, flood, corruption, viruses and hackers?
What will happen to your data after you pass away?
How can you get rid of old phones etc safely? What if they might have photos or contacts on them but you've forgotten the password so you can't get into them?
Are you struggling to keep up?
This course solves all those problems and more.
Be the boss of your technology - for peace of mind and productivity.
Who this course is for:
- You're overwhelmed with digital clutter
- The organisation principles and techniques described in this course apply to all computer systems (though screenshots show how things look on Windows 7)
- This is NOT about how to do it in specific software - it IS about what you need to do (you can Google how to do it in your software/on your device)
When your home works, your life works!
I'm a self-confessed decluttering and organising geek as well as a trained coach and a Psychology graduate. I love the way decluttering your stuff declutters your mind, and the contribution decluttering and organising makes to living a low impact life.
I created Green and Tidy in 2011 to share my experience of decluttering my home from top to bottom - going through every single thing I owned. In 2006 I cleared out all my junk - and I've lived clutter free and organised ever since.
I'm a member of the Association of Professional Declutterers and Organisers (APDO).
National TV and press appearances
I've been featured on ITV Tonight, on radio and in magazines, including Sainsbury’s Magazine, House Beautiful, Glamour and Woman & Home.