Complete Beginner's Guide to Digital Art
- 20 hours on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the basics of line drawing
- Learn to make simple shapes
- Understand the relationships between lines and shapes
- Learn to use lines and shapes to draw from observation
- learn the basics of any digital art software
- Learn the basics of digital coloring
- learn how to create a basic human figure
- Bonus : Learn how to use sketchbook pro
- I require no prior knowledge or drawing or art
- A computer or tablet
- Paper and pencil
- You don't even need to know how to draw a line (I'll even teach you that)
UPDATE November 2018 : New section on Intro to Digital Perspective Tools
New: Q&A Section
New: Student critique videos
***New section for first time tablet users . This section is geared towards students who just purchased their first graphics tablet. It also includes additional tablet specific exercises.***
This is an introduction to not only "Digital art" but art in general. In this very in-depth course you will start from novice and or hobbyist and end with the mentality and skills of a professional. I cannot promise you work as no one can. But the skills you acquire here will enhance not only your own work but give you a solid base to in any other online course or book etc. There is no "Quick fix" or Short cuts to making great art. It requires work. It's fun work and I'm going to show you a method that will make creating your own art or a clients work "pain free".
You will learn solid techniques to make amazing art
You will be able to think like an artist and be a problem solver
This is for those that are serious about improving art
You will need some sort of drawing tablet (Wacom etc) or computer tablet (ex..Ipad , galaxy etc)
Keep and open mind and there is no time limit , work at your own pace.
I hope you will join me and allow me to be your professional guide on your art journey.
- Beginner Artists
- Art students
- Graphic Designer
- Anyone wanting to create their own digital art
- NOT for someone who isn't serious about improving
- NOT for someone who wants short and vague lessons
- NOT for someone looking to speedpaint
- Not for someone who does not want to put n the work
Many of you have asked me so here is a video on buying your first tablet.
The entry level tablet is most students foray into digital art. It can be difficult at first but with practice you can succeed.
Drawing the square, drawing the rectangle, drawing the box is something you may be familiar with. That simple basic shape is the basis of so many objetcs.
This is my "Glossary" section of terms you should know. I've added this because there seems to be the assumption that students are already familiar with basic digital art terms.
There is no way I could tech digital painting in 10 minutes but this is an option for you to try. There are numerous ways to paint. When you do your own learning keep in mind there is no "right" way to paint. There is not just one way to paint so do not let anyone tell you different.