Modulation in Communication System for RF Engineers RAHRF152
What you'll learn
- have a practical understanding of Modulation concepts.
- Rather than knowing formulas students will be able to actually talk about different concepts if modulation
- Basic Engineering level math and willingness to learn the demanding topic of modulation in communication system
This course provides a second certificate completion for FREE from Rahsoft
Introduction to Modulation in Communication Systems RAHRF152 is an intro course of Rahsoft Radio Frequency Certificate and it is counted toward the certificate. In this course we have concentrated to simplify the Digital and Analog Modulation topics in a way which students would understand the practicality by providing examples and simulations using GNU Octave open source software. This is a great course to understand the fundamental definitions needed in digital and analog modulation in communication system.
General Consideration of Modulation
- 2. 1.1-Why we need modulation ?
- 3. 1.2 – Baseband and Passband ? What is Demodulation?
- 4. 1.3 – Career and Generic Communication System
- 5. 1.4-Modulation Aspects:Detectability,Bandwidth & Power Efficiency,Bit Error Rate
- 6. 2.1 - Amplitude Modulation , AM, Amplitude Demodulation, AM Applications
- 7. How to install GNU Octave Open Source Software Used in this course
- 8. 2.2.1 - Frequency Modulation, FM, Spectrum, FM Specs, High Index
- 9. 2.2.2- FM Demodulation , Slope Detector , FM Pros and Cons
- 10. 2.3- Phase Modulation, PM , FM vs PM , PM Demodulation
- 11. Bit Rate , Baud Rate , Binary & M-ary Data, Nyquest Formula , Channel Capacity
- 12. 3.1.1- Amplitude Shift Keying , ASK, Spectral Response Binary Data, B-ASK M-ASK
- 13. 3.1.2- Software Example
- 14. 3.1.3- ASK Demodulation
- 15. 3.2.1-Frequency Shift Keying, FSK Modulator & Demodulator, Demodulation with PLL
- 16. 3.2.2- Software Example
- 17. 3.3.0- Phase Shift Keying (PSK) , BPSK, PSK Modulation
- 18. 3.3.1- PSK Demodulation , PSK Demodulator, mismatch,Costas loop
- 19. 4.1- Inter symbol interference (ISI)
- 20. 4.2- Solving Inter symbol interference (ISI)
- 21. 5.1- Signal Constellation, PSK and FSK Modulation Constellation
- 22. 6.1- Quadrature modulation, I & Q , Adding Quadrature Signals and Simulation
- 23. 6.2.0- QPSK or 4-PSK Modulation
- 24. 22.214.171.124- Software Simulation
- 25. 6.3.0- QPSK Features , Diagrams , Signal Constellation, Demodulation BER
- 26. 6.3.1- I-Q Mismatch
- 27. 6.3.2- Large Phase Change, QPSK Drawbacks , pi/4 QPSK , OQPSK
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to put the calculation aside and have a comprehensive deep understanding of modulation.
- Radio Frequency Engineer
- Communication Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Sales Engineers working in Communication Engineering related fields
- Application Engineers working in Communication Engineering related fields
- Students preparing for communication engineering interviews
Rahsoft RF Certificate has Ata Sarrafi as Lead Instructor and Ahsan Ghoncheh as Program Advisor. Below are a quick biography:
Ata Sarrafi RF and Analog Design Engineer at Rahsoft
PhD student at Arizona State University, Ata has a proven track of Analog and Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit Design. Ata is an RF design engineer at Rahsoft and an Electronics engineering graduate with specialization in Radio Frequency and Analog/Mixed Signal Design. He is experienced with designing various classes of integrated CMOS power amplifier. He has designed and fabricated different types of Low Noise Amplifier including low power, variable gain and UWB LNA and voltage controlled oscillator.
Ata completed his bachelor’s degree in University of Tabriz in the field of electronics engineering . He started his master’s degree with focus on Analog/mixed signal IC design. Since 2016, he is designing RF modules with such as power amplifier at Rahsoft.
Ahsan Ghoncheh RF Microwave Design Engineer and CEO at Rahsoft
Ahsan is Founder and Technical Adviser at Rahsoft. He has worked on the latest technologies in the top semiconductor companies, Broadcom and Qualcomm. His expertise is in RF System, RF Test mainly working on WLAN and Bluetooth RF Characterization . Transceiver, Switches, WLAN and Bluetooth Chips Ahsan as a team member has worked on many devices and projects which results can be found most devices in any home or office and has ended up being used in development of products of companies such as Apple., Samsung, Panasonic,LG , Amazon and Google. He also has a great portfolio in the Aerospace and has been a member in the design team working on hardware designed to be used in the Consumer Aircraft of different airlines as well as satellite component design.
He also is the founder of Rahsoft which is a one stop solution for hardware/embedded system and RF solutions and Staffing Services servicing startups in the Orange County Area,Career Coaching as Well as Professional Education. The Professional Education Division has had over 5000 students enrolled and is one of the few complete online and onsite RF Certificates in the industry.