Difficult Conversations at Work Made Easier
What you'll learn
- Follow a step by step process to Successfully Plan, Prepare and Handle a range of difficult conversations at work
- Review good and bad examples in the case studies discussed
- Identify What Professional Development they may need to deepen their capabilities as Team Leaders and Managers
- A willingness to slow down and prepare for conversations that might be challenging
- Practice the skills and follow the steps to achieve a more successful outcome
Most people enjoy good relationships at work, most of the time. However, even in the best workplace, with the best managers and employees, issues arise and problems can occur.
This course will help to prepare you for a difficult conversation in the workplace, and provide practical tips on how to handle the conversation well.
Whether you have to deliver bad news, address a performance issue, customer or employee complaint or conflict between personal and work needs, this course will support you.
I will take you through a step-by-step guide to preparing, delivering and documenting the conversations that inevitably come up during your career in people management.
Remember, if there is something wrong, most people would prefer to resolve it quickly so both of you can get on with the job. Not addressing difficult conversations can affect employee morale, business productivity - and land you in deeper trouble than when it started.
However, there is a lot that can go wrong during difficult conversations and so it is really important to consider what to do, how to do it AND how to manage the emotions of all involved.
Resolving issues and moving forward successfully gives your people confidence in you as a leader, confirms your professional reputation in the workplace and builds a constructive workplace culture of success and happiness.
Whether you are a Manager, Team Leader, Supervisor - or want to be - you will learn the skills for managing difficult conversations at work, transforming one of the most stressful parts of your job description into one where you feel confident and calm.
Who this course is for:
- 1: New Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors - anyone who has people management responsibilities and wants to be sure they manage difficult conversations well
- 2: Anyone who is aspiring to Leadership or Management Roles and wants to demonstrate this capability
I am a Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher and Well-Being Coach
What makes the difference between a happy life and an unhappy life? What do happy and wholehearted people do differently to the rest? I have spent my professional and personal life exploring and testing the science of well-being and have developed several online mindfulness based well-being and parenting programs based on the results. I also take on a small number of individual clients internationally over Skype and in my home town of Melbourne, Australia.
I interview and work with many international experts including Tara Brach, Rick Hanson, Elisha Goldstein, Barbara Fredrickson and more.
I draw from Positive Psychology and the Neuroscience of Flourishing, and with my unique combination of skills and my own parenting and life experience, work passionately with people to help them open up new possibilities in their lives. I write regularly about Happiness, Mindfulness and Parenting for The Huffington Post. Everyday Mindfulness, New Idea and PsychCentral amongst others.
You can contact me my Udemy message system anytime