Difficult Clients: How to Deal With Bad Freelance Clients!
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 13 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to deal with difficult freelance clients for better results!
- How to avoid problems with clients long before they start!
- Powerful client communication and de-escalation techniques!
- The 3 levels of difficult client escalation and how to respond at each stage!
- What to do when clients disappear when they owe you money!
- You should be interested in freelancing online.
- You should be interested in delivering great work for your clients.
- You should want to have an awesome experience with every client.
- You should be open to unique perspectives on conflict management.
Seven years of freelancing and I've been treated like crap a lot. For some reason, difficult clients think freelancers are employees. No, we're lower than employees. We're the mud on their boots. We're dog poop on the sidewalk.
Difficult clients think it's okay to have you do work and not pay. They expect an instant response from you, while not responding back for weeks. They ignore contracts and deadlines and expect you to adapt. Last but not least, they think if you stand up to them at all, you're inviting them to get angry, call you names and generally tell you off...oh and, there's not a darn thing you can do about it!
Or is there?
In this course, I'll show you how I approach clients who are difficult, troublesome, problematic and generally unpleasant to work with. Inside, I'll share a whole bunch of tactics I use to keep clients in line. Some of the methods involve contracts, formalities, record-keeping, and filtering methods. Others involve deep psychology, influence and persuasion, communication skills, and even devious and downright dirty tactics for defending yourself in worst-case scenarios.
Discover how to filter out difficult clients before you get involved with psychopaths!
Learn useful communication techniques to avoid negative problems from the start!
Gain insight into the levels of conflict escalation and practice de-escalation techniques!
Apply mitigation methods and powerful psychological tactics to defend yourself!
Learn to fight dirty against clients who refuse to pay or get super nasty with you!
If you're tired of being pushed around by clients, and if you're tired of having your time wasted with nothing to show for it, then this course is for you. If you want to learn how to solve those problems, then scroll up and enroll now!
P.S. When you enroll in this course you join more than 3,000 students working to escape corporate prison and build a freelance empire! You also gain access to our free student community for collaboration.
- Freelancers who want to know how to deal with problem clients.
- Freelancers who are dealing with conflicts on Upwork or elsewhere.
- Freelancers who've been ghosted by clients without pay.
- Freelancers who want more power to protect themselves online.
- Freelancers who get treated like crap because clients think we are employees!
An brief introduction to the difficult clients course material and what you will learn.
Discover the 4 phases of difficult client management to help prepare you to handle nightmare clients in the event you find yourself stuck with one!
In this lesson I'll describe how to let clients self-filter so they reject themselves from working with you before you have to do it on your own!
In this lesson I describe why you need to get commitments and other promises and statements by the client early on to help protect you later.