In this course, we will cover all the differentiation topics tested in O Level Additional Math (also called A Math or Add Math in short). This course is based on syllabus 4049. This is a content-rich chapter, as there are many concepts that you need to learn. I start off by going through concepts, and then we will try many questions together. The purpose of this course to allow you to be able to do your Add Math questions by yourself after you complete this entire course.
Differentiation is an important topic in O Level Additional Math. A number of questions are tested each year. It is also a topic that you need to know well before you learn Integration. This detailed course with so many worked examples will help you build the foundation you need to do well for O Level Additional Math, and also to learn the next chapter Integration.
The topics that we will cover include:
- Understand what is differentiation
- Using first principle to derive the gradient of f(x)
- Use of standard notation for the first derivative, second derivative, and third derivative
- Rules of differentiation - including chain rule, product rule, quotient rule
- Differentiation of algebraic expression
- Differentiation of trigonometric expression
- Differentiation of exponential and logarithmic expression
- Apply differentiation to gradients, tangents and normals
- rate of change and chain rule
- Finding stationary points (maximum and minimum turning points and stationary points of inflexion)
- Use the second derivative test to discriminate between maxima and minima
This is a FULL course on differentiation (based on the Singapore O Level Add Maths syllabus - syllabus 4049). Not only will I be going through concepts, but I will also walk you through the questions step-by-step. We will also go through step-by-step past prelim questions from various schools. Ultimately, the goal of this is to help you understand the concepts tested in trigonometry and be able to do the questions and score!
This is a complete course on differentiation based on the Singapore O Level Add Maths syllabus. It's also the course that I conduct for my students taking the O Level A-Math. The entire course is usually covered in multiple 2-hour lessons. But, now, you have the opportunity to watch the entire class on-demand, anytime you like and re-watch it as many times as you want.
What are you waiting for?