Diesel Engine Fundamentals (Mechanical Engineering)
What you'll learn
- Identify all common engine components.
- Know common engine terminology.
- Know how four and two stroke engines work.
- Know how the engine oil, water, fuel air, exhaust and electrical systems work.
- Identify a diesel or petrol engine just by looking at it.
- Learn why diesel engines are more efficient.
- Learn how a turbocharger works (and supercharger).
- A lot about mechanical engineering!
- A lot about automobile engineering!
- A lot about automotive engineering!
- And a lot more!
- A desire to learn.
- Some mechanical engineering knowledge is beneficial, but lessons are explained in depth to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up.
- Previous automotive engineering or automobile engineering knowledge would be beneficial, but is not required.
Without exception, the reciprocating piston engine is the most influential machine ever invented by mankind. From its early beginnings as a steam engine, the piston engine has revolutionised the way we live, work and travel. This course will teach you about this truly amazing machine.
You will learn:
How An Engine Works
How Two Stroke and Four Stroke Engines Work
The Difference Between Petrol/Gasoline and Diesel Engines
Engine Components (Piston Rings, Rocker Arms, Valves etc.)
Engine Systems (Water, Oil, Air, Exhaust and Electrical)
Engine Terminology (BDC, TDC, Firing Order etc.)
How Engine Ancillaries Work (Turbocharger, Supercharger etc.)
A Lot About Mechanical Engineering!
A Lot About Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering!
And a lot more!
*** Note that this course focuses more on the diesel fired engine type rather than the petrol/gasoline type, but gives a general good overview concerning the internal combustion (IC) engine. This video course is part of a Mechanical Engineering video series (see our other courses for more info).***
This course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning combustion engine knowledge. Even if you already have some background knowledge, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Whatever your level of understanding, or engineering background (mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, automotive engineering, oil and gas, HVAC, power engineering, chemical engineering etc.), we can guarantee you will have never taken an engineering course like this one (unless you have taken one of our other courses...).
Why this course?
Because saVRee and saVRee lite have trained over 5,000 students on Udemy with an average paid course rating of 4.7/5.0!
Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you each individual engine component and how components work together to complete useful work. We strongly recommend you checkout the free preview videos before signing-up because we know you won't be disappointed.
The course is packed with 2D images, 2D animations and 3D animations.
Written content has been read aloud so that you can 'learn on the go' without needing to watch the screen constantly.
Don't waste more time reading this course description, check-out the free preview videos and the curriculum, then make an informed decision.
All purchases come with a 30 day no-questions-asked refund policy.
Hope to see you on the course!
Who this course is for:
- This course would benefit anyone who wishes to know how an engine (diesel or petrol/gasoline) works.
- Particular benefit is for anyone working or training in a mechanical engineering related industry (oil and gas, marine, HVAC, power engineering, industrial engineering etc.).
- Particular benefit is for anyone working or training in an automotive engineering or automobile engineering related industry (maintenance, repair, operation etc.)
saVRee produces high quality video courses for the engineering market. Our courses are taught by subject matter experts (SMEs) with years of experience in many different industries.
If you are interested in HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Chemical, Power or Industrial Engineering, we have courses for you!
Courses are presented using interactive 3D models and 3D animations. The 3D models can be exploded into their parts and a cross section feature allows you to see exactly what is happening inside the machine.
We also read written content aloud so that you can learn 'on-the-go'.
If you are a professional engineer, or a student preparing for entry into the exciting world of engineering, we guarantee you will find our courses of great benefit.
Check the reviews from any of our >10,000 Udemy students and be sure to check our course ratings.
Hope to see you on a course soon!