Dialectical Behaviour Therapy(DBT) for Treatment of Trauma
What you'll learn
- 1) You will learn practical DBT based tools and techniques that can be used for treating trauma and other mental disorders
- 2) Introduction to DBT- Here you will get an outline of what are the learning objectives of the course, concepts of Dialectics and Behavior Therapy, purpose of DBT, its history, its uniqueness and importance, what is Borderline Personality Disorder(BPD) and Bipolar Disorder(BD), types of therapies, treatment of other mental disorders, how it works, pros & cons of DBT, its uses and effectiveness, difference between CBT & DBT.
- 3) A DBT Demo which will help you understand how DBT therapy sessions are conducted.
- 4) Difference between CBT & DBT- Here you will learn the exact difference between the two therapies. You will learn the treatment methods, difference in goals, and difference in philosophies, how each session differs, difference in their application & how to decide whether CBT or DBT will work for you.
- 5) DBT & Treatment of Trauma- Here you will learn the DBT methods for treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) & Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), how DBT is designed for treatment of PTSD, its symptoms, how it helps reduce trauma related anxieties, how DBT works with CBT and Prolonged Exposure Therapy(PET), and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing(EMDR)
- 6) DBT Skill Modules- Here you will learn the different skill modules in DBT and their usefulness: Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Interpersonal Effectiveness & Emotion Regulation.
- 7) Mindfulness & Treatment of Trauma- Here you will learn about DBT Mindfulness, Core Mindfulness and its effectiveness.
- 8) Treatment of Trauma using Distress Tolerance- Here you will learn about Distress Tolerance, various skills required for treatment, how to treat distress tolerance to treat trauma and how to practice distress tolerance skills
- 9) Treatment of Trauma using Emotion Regulation- Here you will learn about Emotional Regulation, its goals, how to understand emotions and how to label them, how to reduce emotional vulnerability, decrease emotional suffering, its importance and how emotion regulation helps in reducing trauma
- 10) Interpersonal Effectiveness- Here you will learn about interpersonal effectiveness skills, 4 acronyms signifying Core Skills like ‘THINK’, ‘FAST’, ‘GIVE’ & ‘DEARMAN’ and their importance in improving quality life, how DBT uses these 4 Core Skills to treat trauma.
- 1) No prior knowledge of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is required to enroll in this course - making it ideal for those who are new to exploring this exciting form of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- 2) As a beginner level course, it is ideal for first time learners and those who need to apply the DBT techniques in their daily lives. Health Workers, HR Executives, Parents and Community Workers are some examples of people who can take this course to bring about a change in people’s behavior.
- 3) The course has been designed blending psychology based theoretical knowledge with practical application to apply the techniques to solve daily life issues with confidence.
- 4) An internet connection and a Laptop/PC/Mobile/Tablet.
- 5) A desire to transform people's lives.
Various studies indicate that one in four people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives. Around 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions, placing mental disorders among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide. In terms of quality years of life lost due to disability or death, China is ranked on top in the world followed by India and the USA. As per WHO, certain mental disorders like Anxiety Disorders, including panic disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD), Phobias, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder(BPD), Bipolar Disorder(BD), and other mood disorders, Eating Disorders, Personality Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) have been on the rise worldwide, especially due to #Covid19. Treatments are available, but nearly two-thirds of people with a known mental disorder never seek help from a health professional due to unawareness and social stigma. It is therefore important to spread awareness of the mental disease and prevent its aggravation through timely intervention.
DBT or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is a specialized, useful, and time tested method to treat various trauma-related mental disorders. It works exceedingly well in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, etc. DBT incorporates a philosophical process called dialectics. Dialectics is based on the concept that everything is composed of opposites and that change occurs when there is a "dialogue" between opposing forces. It is also useful to treat people experiencing difficulty with emotional regulation or are exhibiting self-destructive behaviours and having thoughts of suicide.
This course attempts to make you learn the basic DBT concepts and techniques and apply them to help people in their work environment, neighbourhood, and family to overcome the ill effects of mental disorders. It is a beginner level course where you can easily grasp the concepts and the methodologies in simple steps. The teaching style is simple and easy so that the students can easily grasp and digest the subject. The instructor makes the students grasp the key concepts step by step and guide them to complex areas of learning.
The course is divided into 9 sections, with one being an introduction video and the 8 sections being lessons. The sections are replete with video lectures & Demo Videos in MP4 version, Self-Help Worksheets from well-reputed websites, reference articles, DBT Manuals, Psychology Dictionary and Self Achievement Test with answer key. This course is not a substitute for university-approved courses but it acts as an aid for quicker learning.
You can complete this Beginner Level Course ‘DBT for Treatment of Trauma' at your own time and pace. You can easily complete the course in 16 days by completing each section in one day and performing the Self-Achievement Test the next day. It is ideal for first-time learners who have no idea of DBT.
Who this course is for:
- 1) This Course is for first time Learners, Students, Health Workers, HR Executives, Parents, Community Workers & those interested to know about DBT, its benefits and process to transform people’s lives.
- 2) This course is not for Professionals, Teachers and those already in the field of DBT Therapy.
Zenith Academics is a platform engaged in preparing engaging online courses in diverse subjects with a student bias. We strive to achieve a multidisciplinary approach to learning and provide engaging online courses in psychology, banking, finance, law, technology, language, etc. to reach a vast multitude of students worldwide. We engage domain experts to create courses as per student needs. We have created multiple courses on Psychotherapies and Finance & Banking.
In the past, this platform has launched four courses on psychotherapies, prepared by Najwa Bashir, a counseling psychologist, which has been very well received by the global student community.
I am Sudam Ghosh (B. Com; M.B.A.; LLB; C.S.(Inter); C.A.I.I.B.), founder of Zenith Academics and instructor for finance & banking courses. I have worked as a Credit Officer at various levels, including as Branch Head, in Very Extra Large Branch and as Chief Manager, Faculty at Apex Training College of a Public Sector Bank, for a long time, and also have 20 years of experience of teaching credit and financial management subjects.
It has been my passion for teaching that has brought me to this global platform. My experience enables me to focus on the weakness of the students and handhold them towards success. In this course, you will experience a simple style of teaching, which makes the students grasp the basic concepts, step by step before delving into complex areas of learning.
So hook on to the courses and experience the journey.
Looking forward to connecting with you.
CEO, Zenith Academics