DevOps: CICD with Git GitLab Jenkins, Docker and Django
What you'll learn
- You will learn how to set up a functional CICD Pipeline for Django applications with GitLab/Jenkins
- You will learn how to set up a functional CICD Pipeline for Django applications with GitLab CI
- You will learn how to collaborate on code using GitLab
- You will learn how to deploy Django Applications to a Digital Ocean droplet
- You will learn how to use Git and GitLab for Source Control
- You will learn how to dockerize Django applications as a DevOps Engineer
- You will learn to create Virtual Machines on your personal computer
- You will learn how to securely connect to virtual machines via the SSH protocol
- A 64bit computer with at least 8GB of RAM and 60 GB of free storage
- Internet Connection
- Ability to move files and folders around in your personal computer is required
- Basic knowledge of Git is recommended but not required
- Familiarity with Linux command lines is useful but not required
- Familiarity with Django framework is recommended
Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CICD) is a very important part of modern-day software release processes. As a matter of fact, you can not survive as a DevOps Engineer without a good understanding of CICD.
This course is designed for web developers and beginner DevOps engineers who want to learn how to deploy a Django application to production, using the best practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CICD).
The course covers the use of Git, GitLab, Jenkins and Docker, to build and deploy a full-fledged Django application. and to create a fully functional CICD pipeline.
By the end of this course, you will have learned
how to deploy a Django application to production and to any other environment,
How to redeploy the same application using deploy scripts, and how to design a functional CICD pipeline with Gitlab and Jenkins and later with GitLab CI.
How to collaborate on projects using GitLab. This a must-have skill if you want to work in an organization that has multiple developers, working on a project.
How to dockerize Django development environments.
How to create and configure virtual machines on your personal computers, so you will be able to practice without the fear of being charged by a cloud service provider.
Everything we'll do will be hands-on and straight to the point.
If you are seeking a job as a Developer or a DevOps Engineer without any professional experience yet, this course is a must for you because, by the end of it, you will have moved from zero experience to at least a year of experience with the tools taught in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner DevOps Engineers looking for practical experience
- Developers who wants to learn how to deploy their applications to production
- System Admins who want to move to DevOps roles
- Anyone who needs hand-on experience on practical DevOps
Hi, I’m Dare Soremi,
I am a full-stack Developer and DevOps engineer with over 15 years of industry experience.
In addition to my technical expertise, I am an experienced educator and currently teaching DevOps engineering to students looking to enter the field.
I am well-equipped to guide you on your journey to becoming a successful full-stack developer and a DevOps engineer.