DevOps: Implementing Modern DevOps: 2-in-1
What you'll learn
- Master DevOps best practices
- Understand how Agile delivery methodology helps you ensure accuracy and quality
- Analyze branching strategies such as branch creation, merging, and synchronization
- Learn to automate builds to deploy and deliver code faster and more often
- Explore testing frameworks and how to automate testing
- Create resources with Google Cloud SDK
- Deploy and manage application on Kubernetes
- Learn to put specific metrics in place to measure ROI of DevOps and monitor logs and events in a system
- No prior knowledge of DevOps is required. However, familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes will be beneficial.
DevOps is the newest revolution in deploying software fast and efficiently. With a set of automation tools, an orchestration platform, and a few processes, companies can speed up the release cycle of their IT systems by enabling the engineers to do more with fewer resources and become more engaged in the business process.
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
This comprehensive 2-in-1 course follows a unique approach to modern DevOps using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Docker, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform. This learning path starts by explaining the organizational alignment that has to happen in every company that wants to implement DevOps in order to be effective, and the use of cloud datacenters in combination with the most advanced DevOps tools to get the best out of a small team of skilled engineers. It also delves into how to use Kubernetes to run your applications in Google Cloud Platform, minimizing the friction and hassle of maintaining a cluster but ensuring its high availability.
By the end of this Learning Path, you will be able to realign teams in your company and create a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Kubernetes and Docker. With strong monitoring in place, you will also be able to react to adverse events in your system, minimizing downtime and improving the overall up-time and stability of your system.
Meet Your Expert(s):
We have the best work of the following esteemed author(s) to ensure that your learning journey is smooth:
David Gonzalez is an enthusiastic engineer and author of a book called Developing Microservices with Node.js; as microservices don't work without platform automation, he wrote this book to deliver the best possible deal to the readers of both books. He is a Google Developer Expert (a nomination from Google to certain experts in several areas) in Kubernetes (GKE), who enjoys being pushed out of his comfort zone in order to sharpen his skills. Java, Node.js, Python, and DevOps--as well as a holistic approach to security--are part of the skill set that has helped him deliver value across different startups and corporations. Nowadays, he is a consultant at nearForm, enabling companies to deliver the best possible solution to their IT problems or proposals, as well as an avid speaker at conferences, such as RebelCon and Google I/O Extended, among others.
Who this course is for:
- This learning path is for engineers and companies that want to learn the minimum set of required technologies and processes to be successful in the DevOps world. This learning path also targets system administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the necessary skills needed to work in DevOps teams.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.