Git & GitHub in depth and integrating Jenkins with Git
What you'll learn
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps Lifecycle : CICD
- Learn all you need to work with Git, including all about repositories, commits
- Working with Branches
- Learn how to perform rebasing and merging of the branches
- Conflict Resolutions
- Use TortoiseGit S/W to resolve conflicts
- Real Project examples - Scenario based cases
- GitHub Deep Drive - Cherry-pick, tags, rebase & merge
- Integrate Jenkins with GitHub Repository
- Create a java based project using maven tool in Jenkins.
- PC or Laptop with internet Connection
- No prior Git or GitHub or web development knowledge is required
- Ability to install software on your computer
- An email address is required to create a (free) GitHub account
- Motivation to Learn Git and GitHub IS required
This course will guide everyone (no prior knowledge is required!) through the core steps to use these tools in your daily projects with ease.
Git & GitHub - The complete step-by-step guide from scratch and also learn Jenkins integration with GitHub Repository.
This course is all about Git and GitHub.
What is DevOps & its benefits
DevOps LifeCycle :
Overview of Git & GitHub
Create a GitHub Account, repository, clone - Distributed Version Control System
Stages in Git
Git pull from Remote to Local
Git push from Local to Remote
Stages in Git - Add & Commit
Working with Branches
Lab - Create branches (master & Develop)
Create & push branch from Local to Remote
Pull Request - To merge one branch into another
Lab - Release & Hotfix Branch
Add Reviewer in Pull Request with Branch protection rules
PR - Comment, Approve & Request changes
Understanding conflicts in git merge
Create a merge conflict & resolve it
Use TortoiseGit S/W to resolve conflicts
Resolve conflicts from GitHub using web editor using PR with one reviewer
Real Project examples - Scenario-based cases
Git clean command to remove file & directory
Undoing changes on existing files
Git Revert Command
Git Reset Command
Git fetch command
Git pull command
The difference git merge & git fetch
GitHub Deep Drive - Cherry-pick, tags, rebase & merge
What is Cherry-pick in git?
Lab on Cherry-pick with conflicts in merging
Delete tags from local & remote
Git rebase command
The difference between git rebase & merge
Integrate Jenkins with GitHub Repository & Maven project
Overview of Jenkins integration with GitHub & how to build a java based project
Installation of Jenkins, Java, Maven & Git on EC2 Instance
Configure Jenkins on EC2 Instance
Configure GitHub Credentials & Maven Location on Jenkins
Create & Build the Java-based project using Maven Tool
Add Maven Plugins in Jenkins
Git Interview QA - MCQ
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who wants to learn what version management is & how it can help to organize your code and projects efficiently
- Software engineers, developers, and programmers new to Git
Shikhar Verma, an entrepreneur and corporate trainer, runs the IT company Techstart, which deals with IT-based projects like designing, creating certified courses, writing content, and handling and maintaining various offline/online projects for well-known companies.
He had already worked for more than 15 years in the IT industry before starting his own business.
Shikhar's passion is to work in an environment where his technical skills and experience are put to proper use for the growth of the company and his career.
And he is on Udemy to teach what he knows in an approachable way. He started teaching courses in 2016 and has taught over 70,000 students. and grateful every day for being able to connect with so many students in almost every country around the world.
He is qualified with a BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and more than 70,000 students across 165 countries have benefited from enrolling in various technical courses offered by him.
Primary Skills are DevOps, Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Linux, Ansible, Shell Scripting, AWS Cloud (Amazon Web Services), Linux Cluster, Perl, etc