DevOps: DevOps in the Real World: 3-in-1
What you'll learn
- Automate builds to deploy and deliver code faster and more often
- Apply systems thinking, deployment strategies, and feedback loops to move fast like Google and Netflix
- Automate the development and deployment of a web application on to a cloud services
- Deploy continuous integration to new servers
- Understand how the Agile Delivery Methodology helps you ensure accuracy and quality
- Examine which cultural elements create a high-performing IT organization
- Master agile infrastructures with configuration management
- Learn high-quality and rapid delivery of software with Continuous Delivery
- Learn how monitoring can help you outrun the competition
- Prior system administration and programming experience would be useful.
- Prior exposure to the software delivery life cycle would be helpful.
DevOps is becoming a reality in the IT workplace. Being able to master and manage the basic tools for DevOps, is the first step towards success. DevOps implementation is most practical when implemented with the best known continuous delivery practices. During the implementation stage, it’s necessary to put into use activities related to building, testing and deployment. This way, the necessary software is always enabled and available in a ready to release mode.
This comprehensive 3-in-1 course is a step-by-step, practical tutorial that shows you how to harness the DevOps methodology and DevOps tools in a practical way to efficiently manage and automate the development and deployment of a web application on to a cloud service. Gain skills in order to add resilient services to your app or infrastructure by learning configuration management, continuous deployment, and other DevOps techniques. Employ key modern DevOps tools such as Vagrant, Puppet, and Docker to make your development process efficient. Practically implement a complete development workflow, from initial development to testing to deployment on to the cloud.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 3 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, DevOps Fundamentals, covers modern DevOps using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform. This video course starts by explaining the organizational alignment that has to happen in every company that wants to implement DevOps in order to be effective, and the use of cloud datacenters in combination with the most advanced DevOps tools to get the best out of a small team of skilled engineers.
The second course, Mastering DevOps, covers day-to-day IT infrastructure challenges by taking advantage of the DevOps revolution. Automate and build configurations for infrastructure servers and then address areas of automation, continuous deployment, containers, and monitoring. You’ll create impressive changes to how you deliver software and services. It instills a deeper insight into applying DevOps principles with a variety of tools like Puppet, Saltstack, Vagrant, and Graphite.
The third course, DevOps for Web Developers, covers full potential of DevOps to build and deploy modern web apps efficiently. You’ll learn to use GitHub to push code and commit the changes using git. Understand the basics of configuration management and the architecture of DevOps. You’ll see how to take care of deploying the code into our new shiny servers. Then we’ll explore monitoring and various solutions to the range of problems we might face. Finally, you’ll be able to develop, deploy, manage, and automate your complete web application on a cloud service.
By the end of the course, you’ll manage your day to day challenges with IT infrastructure by taking advantage of the DevOps revolution to build and deploy modern web apps efficiently.
About the Authors
- David Gonzalez is an enthusiastic engineer and author of a book called Developing Microservices with Node.js; as microservices don't work without platform automation, he wrote this book to deliver the best possible deal to the readers of both books. He is a Google Developer Expert (a nomination from Google to certain experts in several areas) in Kubernetes (GKE), who enjoys being pushed out of his comfort zone in order to sharpen his skills. Java, Node.js, Python, and DevOps--as well as a holistic approach to security--are part of the skill set that has helped him deliver value across different startups and corporations. Nowadays, he is a consultant at nearForm, enabling companies to deliver the best possible solution to their IT problems or proposals, as well as an avid speaker at conferences, such asRebelCon, and Google I/O Extended, among others.
- Dave Mangot is the Director of Operations for Librato and Papertrail and an accomplished systems engineer with over 20 years' experience. He has held positions in various organizations, from small startups such as Terracotta to multinational corporations such as Cable & Wireless and Salesforce, in positions ranging from systems administrator to architect. He has led the transformations of multiple companies both in operational maturity and in a deeper adherence to DevOps thinking. He enjoys time spent as a mentor, speaker, and student to so many talented members of the community. Dave lives with his wife and three children in San Francisco, CA.
- Mitesh Soni is a DevOps enthusiast. He has worked on projects for DevOps enablement using Microsoft Azure and VSTS. He also has experience in working with other tools that are DevOps enablers such as Jenkins, Chef, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Atlassian Bamboo, and more. He is a CSM, SCJP, SCWCD, VCP, IBM Bluemix, CJE and IBM Urbancode certified professional.
Who this course is for:
- Engineers and companies that want to learn the minimum set of required technologies and processes to be successful in the DevOps world.
- System administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the necessary skills needed to work in DevOps teams.
- Web developers and IT teams who are new to the DevOps methodology and want to use DevOps tools to harness its full potential. It’s also ideal for those who would like to learn about DevOps-oriented workflows and how they can be applied to the development of web applications.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.