Get Creative With Your Wriitng.
What you'll learn
- You will learn some important writing techniques.
- You will be able to turn ideas and anecdotes into plots.
- You will gain experience from carrying out practical prompts.
- You will gain confidence in your writing ability.
- You will receive regular encouragement to start writing projects rather than thinking about them!
- Interest and curiosity about the business of writing.
- Desire to move on in your writing from where you are now.
- Willingness to read fiction and non ficfiction to enhance your experience as a writer.
- Desire to begin a significant writing project.
This Creative Writing course will refresh the ideas and work of existing writers while enabling new writers to explore their ideas and develop skills. It looks at dialogue, letters, diaries, points of view poetry, fiction, flash fiction and much more, giving opportunities to try these areas of writing.
Videos explain ideas and also offer writing exercises. There are further resources - information and exercises - to print off and use to enrich your work as a writer.
Guided exercises in this creative writing course will enable you to create a number of pieces of fictional writing. The process will sharpen your skills from whatever starting point you're at.
I'm interested in encouraging people to find ways of writing rather than theorising about writing. Following this course represents the moment you stop thinking about writing and actually begin to create pieces of work.
All people learn through practical application therefore every piece of writing you create will be better than its predecessor and will give a solid foundation for what you write next. You will look at short stories, starting and ending your work, poetry, dialogue, motivation, point of view, editing and perspectives. There's information on creating simple plans that will enable you to see if an idea is worth developing and enable you to consider the content of a poem, story, chapter or total project.
Using the exercises will give you a chance to write freely following a lightly structured plan. Though these pieces are designed to give you practice some of them will prove interesting to you and you may develop them or go on to produce, recite or print the finished product.
Who this course is for:
- Writers wishing to make a start or move on.
- Writers who would like specific and focused practice opportunities.
- Writers ready to tackle a variety of writing forms that will enrich their writing ability all round.
- People who are curious about writing and would like to try it in their own location and at their own pace.
Hello. I'm an experienced published and broadcast writer of plays, short stories, articles and performance work. I also work as a tutor teaching creative writing in all its many forms to adults, families and children.
Have a look at me on Pinterest - the colour of cherries - to get writing inspiration and ideas.