Developing an effective Project Charter
- 38 mins on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Develop a Project Charter
- Document a projects objective
- Document a projects criteria for success - to include metrics that can be quantified
- Document a projects scope
- Document project assumptions
- Document project risks
- Document project team to include their roles and responsibilities
- Document projects expected duration
- Document project budget
- Obtain project clarity for all relevant stakeholders
- Learn the importance of getting sign off on project documentation
- 3 years or more of experience as a Project Manager
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- PMP preferred but desire and experience can be substituted
- Understanding of terms and project methodologies
This course will illustrate how one should go about developing a project charter in order to document key information so that clarity is obtained for all relevant stakeholders to position any project to be successful. Success being defined as being completed on time, within budget, that has sufficient quality while meeting the initiatives objective.
Too many managers today are being forced to start a project without positioning it for success. Therefore if your organization is ready to plan the work so we can then work the plan this course should be right up your alley!
Learn what goes into creating a Project Charter and how to go about working internally to maximize the quality of this phase. - planning
Hope is not a strategy so if you are looking to complete work in a best in breed practice join me as we work together on improving how work gets done in corporate america!
- Project Managers
- Vice President or Director of PMO
- Department Heads
- Project Sponsors
- Chief Executive Officers
- Anyone interested in Project Management
If you struggle managing projects to success and are rarely given time to do the work upfront to gather requirements and provide transparency in the work your team is about to take on this is a course you may want to consider taking. The focus in this course is to PLAN THE WORK AND THEN WORK THE PLAN. Upon completion of this course you will have the skills necessary to develop a project charter to ensure you are maximizing any project to have the highest probability of success!
- Will include a Project Charter template for download
Let's take a moment and breakdown what task and activities we are going to be covering so that you have a great idea of the value to be realized and how we can take what we learn here and make it actionable right away in the work we do!
In this lecture we will discuss the various topics that will make up the agenda for our meeting with our manager to ensure that we cover the necessary topics so that we can develop our first draft of the Project Charter.