Develop REST API with AWS Lambda, Node.js and Terraform
What you'll learn
- Develop REST API with AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Node JS (CommonJS), Jest framework, Terraform and Git
- Master AWS Lambda and API Gateway from the ground up
- Automate serverless deployment with Terraform
- Define and document your serverless APIs using Swagger / Open API
- Build BMI service with AWS, and no stand-alone servers at all
- Test your lambda on localhost and in the cloud / AWS
- Learn winston logging library and hot-reloading tool
- Write AWS Lambda configuration in Terraform (devOps)
- Write AWS API Gateway configuration in Terraform (devOps)
In this course I will show you how to develop REST API with AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Node.js (CommonJS), Jest framework, Terraform and git.
I will also demonstrate how to use Swagger / Open API, check code coverage, use debugger in integrated development environment, use Postman, use logging library, how to do hot-reloading, how to automate things through bash scripts or call lambda from command line interface.
At the end of the course you will be able to write your own lambda, test it on your localhost and deploy to AWS using Terraform.
Real-life example from a developer, not a teacher. More practice than theory. You can read the documentation later :-)
Who this course is for:
- Software Developers
- Technical Leaders
- IT Managers
John has spent the past 14 years working in the IT industry. He specialized in software development, system architecture, database design, cloud solutions and DevOps. His specialisation fields are mainly Java, Node.js, AWS and Terraform.
Working in the financial sector for clients from different countries has taught him how to provide the cutting-edge solutions as well as using the latest digital tools in an international cooperation. Being a team leader and technical interviewer have helped him understand people’s needs and expectations in a process of working, co-operating and looking for a job. By sharing his experiences as an experienced practitioner, he hopes to support your way of accelerating the learning of the Java, Node.js and AWS as well as broadening your work culture.