Develop A Vertical Shoot'em Up Game for Android and IOS
What you'll learn
- Import and Use Scrolling and Parallax Backgrounds
- Create Seamless Backgrounds Yourself!
- Import and Animate Actors for Your Games with Stencyl
- Write Code the Easy Way with A Visual Programming Language
- Import and Use Sound Effects and Music in Two Formats
- Create an Entire Game!
- Build Your Game for A Mobile Target (Android, iOS)
- Know How to Build Your Game for Web and Desktop Targets As Well
- Configure and Undersetand Physics Settings and the Box2D Physics Engine
- Download and Install the Latest Version of Stencyl ( Completely Free)
Ever wanted to create your own shoot'em up game, completely from
scratch? Well then look now further, the course you've been looking for has arrived. Using the
incredible Stencyl 2D game engine and toolset, you will complete a cross-platform, beautiful, fun, dynamic shoot'em up in just a matter of hours, and you'll learn a ridiculous amount doing it, too.
In this immensely fun and highly informative (and educational) series of lessons on the development of a 2D mobile game (Android and iOS) in the vertical shooter genre, we delve into the most important tips, tricks and cheats that the pros use to develop great games in a fraction of the time, giving you an early edge in your game development journey. Some of the key takeaways include:
- importing, editing and implementing scrolling backgrounds
- creating parallax effects
- accepting and reacting to player input
- using actors in Stencyl to create the player character, obstacles such as comets, as well flying saucers and turrets
- programming both actor and scene behaviors to handle game events and implement game rules
- use sound effects and music to enhance the player experience and overall immersive experience of the game
- Be able to take everything you have learned and apply to your very own game projects!
Whether you have ambitions of becoming a professional, indie game developer, or you just want to create a cool game you can show off to your friends, the concise, structured, easy to follow format of this course caters to the learning needs of all. Join up now, it will be one of the most enjoyable learning experiences you'll ever have, and what you learn will enable you to start building your own games for mobile platforms such as Android and iOS, and even web and desktop targets (Flash, HTML5, Windows, Mac, Linux).
Who this course is for:
- This course is simple enough to be followed by those with no game development or programming experience. It will be most beneficial to, beginners, hobbyists, students, or professionals and programmers looking for a faster way to develop their games
Richard Sneyd (1st Class B.A Hons.) is founder and CEO of CyberMyth Games, and administrator of CMG Academy, the no. 1 source of professional quality online training for digital art, development and design courses. In the performance of his duties within the company, he must wear many hats, including that of a programmer, designer, digital 2D & 3D artist, sound designer, scriptwriter, texture artist, leader, marketer and business man.
He is also a fully registered, qualified, and highly experienced lecturer. His speciality subjects include 3D Modelling & Animation, Computer Game Programming, 2D Image Processing, Game Design, Desktop Audio, Psychology, Consumer Behavior, Human Resources & Business Management.
Richard is enthusiastic about his work, with students and colleagues noting that he is a highly dedicated and accomplished teacher. All of his courses are characterized by a steady, incremental flow of information, and a lucid teaching style which is easy to understand and follow for all.