Designing Gamification Level2 (Intermediate) + Certification
What you'll learn
- Understand over 20 game mechanics and when/how to use them
- Know the basics of player types and how they can be applied
- Architect a reward system with SAPS so that it scales for the long haul
- Build apps for virality and engagement
- Learn about and apply mastery to your system
- Must Complete Designing Gamification Level 1 (Basic) before eligible for certification
- Must complete a short online project to earn certification
Designing Gamification (Expert Level 2) is the only online course accredited by the Engagement Alliance to deliver Engagement Expert Certification. Once finished, you can complete a practicum and request your certification. Then you can display the official graphic on your online profile, resume or website. You must complete Level 1 (Basic) Gamification before completing this course to earn your certification.
In this course, you'll learn the design fundamentals of gamification and engagement - including game mechanics, dynamics, player types and key systems thinking. Whether you're in Marketing, HR, Operations, Product Development or Strategy, you can use the principles of Gamification and Engagement Science to transform your relationships with customers and employees. The course is taught by Gabe Zichermann - the world's foremost expert on gamification and engagement science, author of three books, chair of GSummit and Editor in Chief of GamificationCo.
Complete this course and you'll understand:
- The 3 Fs and how they form a design foundation
- Player Types: or how to think about your user in new and engaging ways
- Mastery, why it matters and how to design for it
- Rewards, the SAPS model, and how to scale reward systems for the long haul
- How to build Virality and Engagement Loops
- Over 20 different game mechanics and dynamics
- How best to apply this to your organization, in depth
And as a bonus, you'll hear specially curated experts deliver relevant, supporting lectures from the blockbuster Gamification Co archive.
Who this course is for:
- Product Designers
- Human Resource Executives
- Loyalty and CRM Managers
- Startup Founders/Product People
GABE ZICHERMANN is a renowned public speaker, author, entrepreneur and mentor whose specialties include Public Speaking and Gamification.
Gabe's newest project, "The A-Ha! Method: Public Speaking in a Time of Distraction," espouses a wholly new way of engaging with audiences today - online or in person. Based on behavioral science and over 20 years of practical coaching experience, the A-Ha! Method can help any aspiring professional improve their most critical skill: professional communication - and level up their career.
In addition, Gabe is the world's foremost expert and public speaker on the subject of gamification, user engagement and behavioral design. Zichermann's talks, workshops, books and courses have inspired an entire generation of marketers, customer loyalty experts, HR professionals, strategists and product designers to make the world a more fun and engaging place. When he’s not traveling around the world lecturing, Gabe can be found cooking, eating and photographing his food from his home base in Los Angeles.