Designing and Building Custom Apps using Dynamics 365
What you'll learn
- Implement and Unit Test complex business rules using C# Plugins & Workflows, TypeScript and the WebAPI
- Extend the user interface in a fully supported way using the Form XRM client-side API, custom Command Bar buttons and Editable Grid business logic
- Develop custom user interface components that will run both on the web and mobile/tablet clients using TypeScript with the MVVM pattern and KnockoutJS
- Automatically unit test your code using the Visual Studio Testing Tools, QUnit and Chutzpah
- Use Visual Studio Team Services to version control your code & metadata as well as implement continuous integration with the help from NuGet, npm and Gulp
- Structure your solutions to effectively deploy version updates and patches
- Create Scheduled Jobs to perform repeating tasks
- Integrate with external Web Services using Web-Hooks and Virtual Entities
- Basic knowledge of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
This course demonstrates the new features released with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. Using the new Unified User Interface, this course uses a sample application to show how to build complex extensions to the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement platform using C# Plugins/Workflow Activities as well as TypeScript generated web resources.
Starting off, the course makes sure you have everything setup for fast and effective collaborative development and a mature Continuous Integration pipeline using Microsoft Team Services, npm, Nuget & Gulp. This includes automated unit testing of both server-side and client-side code as well as packaging and deploying of your solutions.
It then teaches you a framework for effective data modeling of entities within Dynamics 365 and how functionality can be built up in iterations using user story mapping.
Learn about base currencies, to ensure that your custom apps do not run into any challenges as they grow in complexity and usage. The logical and physical architecture of integration with external systems is examined using the new Web-Hooks and Virtual Entity features, allowing data to be both consumed and output in a robust and efficient fashion.
The new Xrm client API features of the Unified Client provide exciting new ways of extending your forms and grids which are demonstrated using the sample application being built.
You'll then learn to extend your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement business applications using HTML, TypeScript, and CSS using KnockoutJS via the MVVM design pattern so that your logic can be unit tested and deployed with easy and effortless repeatability. This course also covers the considerations for mobile touch interfaces so that your feature rich extensions will work on all devices and formats.
About the Author
Scott is a Microsoft Business Solutions MVP specializing in Dynamics 365. He is a committed and passionate software architect & technologist with a successful track record of realizing business vision through enterprise/application architectures that are tightly aligned with budget and timescales. By combining his detailed technical knowledge with a clear grasp of the wider commercial issues Scott can identify and implement practical solutions to real business problems. Scott is an excellent communicator and technical author, regularly speaking at conferences in the UK and abroad. Scott’s software career spans more than 20 years where he has moved from assembly language device driver programming, industrial control software and then into enterprise business applications. His experience covers work in Europe, North America, and Japan. He is also the author of the Ribbon Workbench for Dynamics CRM and SparkleXRM.
Scott lives near Oxford in the UK with his wife, Kerrie, and three children. To read more about his latest projects, you can also follow him on Twitter at @ScottDurow.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at developers who are already familiar with Customizing Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.