What you'll learn
- The design of the RC tanks according to the following codes of design (ACI350-06 & ASCE7-16) & (ECP203-2018 & ECP201-2012)
- Design of the underground and elevated tanks under the effect of the seismic forces.
- Design of the underground and elevated tanks under the effect of the seismic forces from the water (impulsive & convective).
- The right way for the modeling of the tanks and assigning the loads using CSI SAP2000.
- The basic knowledge of CSI SAP2000.
The structural design of the RC tanks is totally different from the design of the other types of the structures such as; the high-rise buildings, the halls, the malls, ... etc.
The design of the tanks is more difficult than the other structures as the effect of the non-uniform loads from the liquid, soil, and groundwater shall be taken into consideration during the modeling of the structure.
Besides the above loads, the seismic effect shall be considered, and it consists of two compounds ... the response spectrum and the equivalent static effect which is a function in the weight of the structure, and the effect of the moving of the liquid during the earthquake which is called the impulsive & convective effect.
In this course, we will discuss in detail the modeling and design of the tanks from scratch until we create the final tender drawings considering all the above requirements.
In our course, we will work on two types of tanks; an underground tank & an elevated tank.
After completing the course, you will be able to design and modeling any type of tank under the effect of any difficult or simple loads according to the following codes of design:
1- The American Code of Design (ACI350-06 & ASCE7-16).
2- The Egyptian Code of Design (ECP203-2018 & ECP201-2012).
Who this course is for:
- The undergraduate students in the last structural engineering year.
- The structural design engineers with any years of experience.
- Demonstrator, Structural Department, Faculty of Engineering - Ain Shams University.
- Structural Design Engineer.
- Member at ASCE.
- Certified as Revit Structure Professional from Autodesk.
- Instructor, CAD Masters Academy, CSI programs, and Revit Structure.
- Write a book with the title “RC Structural Design Handbook “which is a guide for structural engineers in design according to “ECP 203-2018 “, published by the International Center of Studies and Training (ICOSAT).
- Design of elevated tanks & underground tanks in Asir.
- Design of pump stations & weir structures in Janderya & Rabwa sites.
- Design of the following structures in Dammam ISTP project (Biological tank – the inlet structure – administration building – some substations).
- Design of Hala intake – Basra, Iraq.
- Design of many buildings in Lebanon & KSA according to ACI.
- Design review for stations (Adly Mansour – ElShorouk – New Capital II) in Light Railway Train (LRT) project.