Design Sketching Blueprint: Industrial Design Essentials
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- learn what tools to use to start design sketching
- draw and sketch using the correct techniques to get smooth results
- practice ellipses using pen and paper
- practice line quality and learn how to get smooth lines
- explore product design sketching using basic geometries
- learn how to sketch almost perfect circles without any templates
- get introduced to transportation design and car design sketching
- have a better understanding of product proportions
- ...and so much more
- Pen & paper and a willingness to learn and have fun!
Hi, I'm Marouane, industrial designer originally from Stockholm, Sweden, now living and working in South Florida.
In this course, I'd like to show you a few sketching techniques I've used throughout the years as an industrial designer.
These techniques aren't very common in design sketching school books. I've picked them up from friends and colleagues from different background in the design industry and compiled them into this course.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you who want to develop your sketching skills. Maybe you're a fashion designer or industrial design student who use sketching to visualize your ideas or maybe you're just starting out and want to learn the basics of design sketching, then this course is for you.
What will I learn in this course?
You will learn how to improve your line quality, exercises for sketching smooth lines and curves, how to sketch a perfect circle free hand, practice ellipses in perspective, introduction to product design sketching, form idea generation, how to use simple geometries to simplify the design process and so much more!
Thank you for taking interest in my course, I hope to see you inside.
- This course is for you who want to improve your core sketching techniques. Maybe you are just starting out with design sketching or you've been sketching for years and feel struck in your development. This course will help you get back to the basics and build from there.
Welcome! This lecture is a quick overview of the course content and introduction of your teacher
This lecture will give you an overview of the tools you need for this course.
Usually when we want to sketch nice circles, we use templates. It can be for the wheels of a car or any circular design we are working on. But we don't always carry templates with us so we want to be able to sketch nice circles free hand. Here's how to do that!
Sketching ellipses is pretty important when designing products. In many cases, we start out by outlining the proportions of a design by using ellipses. In this lecture, I'll walk you though a few exercises on how to improve your ellipse sketching.