Design Patterns with Java(Beginner to Advance)
What you'll learn
- They can make their code more flexible, reusable and maintainable
- Refactor existing designs to use design patterns
- They will learn with different scenario where then can apply the design patterns for the solutions of complex problems
- Reason about applicability and usability of design patterns
- Basic Java knowledge is required(To understand the demo code)
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles
- A computer with the JDK 8 or 11 (hopefully) an Eclipse IDE
This course provides an overview of all the Gang of Four (GoF) design patterns as outlined in their seminal book, together with modern-day variations, adjustments, discussions of intrinsic use of patterns in the language.
What are Design Patterns?
Design Patterns are reusable solutions to common programming problems. They were popularized with the 1994 book Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, John Vlissides, Ralph Johnson and Richard Helm (who are commonly known as a Gang of Four, hence the GoF acronym).
What Patterns Does This Course Cover?
This course covers all the GoF design patterns. In fact, here's the full list of what is covered:
Creational Design Patterns: Builder, Factories (Factory Method and Abstract Factory), Prototype and Singleton
Structural Design Patterns: Adapter, Bridge, Composite, Decorator, Façade, Flyweight ...many more.
Behavioral Design Patterns: Chain of Responsibility, Command, Interpreter, Iterator, Observer, State, Strategy and Template Method many more.
This course is presented as a (very large) series of live demonstrations along with the concepts being done in Java language. Most demos are as project, so you can download the attached zipped folder of the lesson and run it in Eclipse IDE of your choice.
In the last section you will find some important points to remember always.(Rule of Thumbs).
Who this course is for:
- Software engineers
- Tech Leads
- Experienced software developer
I have been in software development since 2011. I have worked with most of the big MNCs and product based in India. I am a passionate programmer and love to share the knowledge what i have gained with the work. I have completed my certification in java 8 in this year i.e 2021.