Learn How To Design A Reinforce Concrete Column.
What you'll learn
- In this course Students will learn how to design a square/rectangular columns.
- In this course Students will understand the code use for designing Reinforced concrete columns.
- You will be able to use ACI-318 Code to design Reinforced concrete columns.
- Students will be able to understand the philosophy of columns design.
- Students will be able to understand how columns are designed
- Basic knowledge on mechanics of materials.
- Basics of Reinforced concrete design.
- Students should download AC1-318 design code while taking this course.
This course will teach you how to design a reinforced concrete columns. We will design two type of columns namely:
This course will guide you through how to use ACI-318 code to properly design the columns. We will also know the requirements we should follow when designing columns like the maximum spacing of the bars, the minimum column dimensions, the percentage of steel which should be needed etc.
Like you all know if you want to become a good structural engineer you should be able to at least design a reinforcement concrete column and because in a structure if a column fail, then the structure fails as well, to prevent this; you should be able to properly design a good reinforce concrete column to avoid failure.
A square column is a column that has all its sizes equal. That is the size of the width and depth of the column is similar. And the stirrup that goes inside the square column as the reinforcement is called a tied stirrup.
A Rectangular column is a column that has the width of the column different from the depth of the column. While the stirrup which is also use a reinforcement for rectangular column is also called a tied stirrup.
A circular column is a column that has a circular dimension which is the diameter. Finally the stirrups that goes inside the circular column as the reinforcement is called the spiral stirrup.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn Reinforced concrete column design.
- Students who want to learn how ACI-code is use to design reinforced concrete columns.
- Students who need to brushed up their Reinforced concrete column design.
- Students who need guide studying Reinforced concrete design.
Hi everyone! My name is Agbede Elvis Innocent. The reason i started creating Udemy courses was due to the love and passion i had teaching others who really want to learn, believing that learning is a process and you can basically learn any thing you want to learn if you have the passion and the zeal to do it.
I had a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/structural designer. I have also Worked on several real life construction projects. Due to my love for mathematics, i also teach mathematics courses such as Calculus, algebra, differential equation, Engineering mathematics etc.
The lists of students i taught have gone ahead to be an expert in those courses ranging from engineering, Mathematics and Entrepreneur courses.
I assure you that any course you learn from me will be worth your money. Thanks for reading and enjoy the learning Journey.