Design for High Availability and Elasticity on AWS
- 4 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build solutions using a structured approach, applying AWS best practices to your workload to produce stable and efficient systems
- Run and monitor your systems to deliver business value, and continually improve your processes and procedures
- Explore data confidentiality and integrity, privilege management, and system protection, and establish controls to detect security events
- Focus on foundational elements around setup, cross-project requirements, and recovery planning, and handle change in a resilient manner
- Use IT and computing resources efficiently by selecting the right resource types and sizes based on workload requirements
- Avoid unnecessary costs by understanding and controlling where the money is spent, selecting the most appropriate resource type, and scaling to meet business needs
- This course requires a basic understanding of cloud computing, and working knowledge of AWS Cloud services such as EC2, VPC, and subnets.
AWS Cloud Platform provides you with the ability to elastically scale your applications based on demand and build highly available application architectures that are resilient to failures and outages.
This course provides in-depth coverage of the principles of elasticity and scalability. We will be designing applications for high availability and also building loosely coupled architectures with disposable resources. You'll master auto-scaling, where we will be implementing elastic load balancers; learn how to set up auto-scaling groups with launch configurations, and scale computing resources dynamically or on a schedule. You'll learn to scale vertically and horizontally with RDS services and you'll also use Amazon DynamoDB and RedShift services. Finally, we'll go through an end-to-end example of building highly available and elastic architectures with a web application.
By the end of this course, you will have the confidence and knowledge to implement the AWS functionality and to create highly available application architectures that will have a positive effect on your organization.
About the Author
Vincent Bloise holds AWS certifications as a Solutions Architect and Developer. Vincent has worked in Information Technology as a developer, architect, and leader/manager of development teams over the course of his 25-year career. He has worked in the telephony, banking, finance, and entertainment industries; his most recent experience lies in building cloud-native solutions in the financial services industry.
- If you want to develop and deploy fault-tolerant, highly available, and elastic applications on the cloud, in such a way that your applications are always available, then this is the course you need!
This video will give you an overview about the course.
• Show the outline of the course
• Introducing the teacher and his background
Define subnets, Availability Zones, regions, and their use in cloud designs.
• Show how to define and configure subnets
• Show how to define and configure Availability Zones
• Show how to define and configure regions
Build a highly available, resilient, elastic infrastructure using serverless components in AWS.
• Describe the AWS serverless services
• Define the use of AWS serverless services
• Show how AWS serverless services are used in cloud designs
Build a highly available, resilient, elastic infrastructure using Bastion Hosts, Nat Gateways, Internet Gateways, Route Tables, and Elastic IP addresses in AWS.
• Describe the AWS VPC structure using the components
• Define the use of AWS VPC components
• Show how the VPC components are used in cloud designs
Build a highly available, resilient, elastic infrastructure using Bastion Hosts, NAT Gateways, and Internet Gateways; working with Route Tables and Elastic IPs.
• Build a sample cloud development kit stack demonstrating the concepts
Build a highly available, resilient, elastic infrastructure using key-value data stores in AWS, such as DynamoDB. Use AWS integrated query services to make multiple data stores accessible from many different client types.
• Show how to define and configure DynamoDB
• Show how to define and configure AppSync an GraphQL