Branding Essentials: Design Conceptual and Meaningful Logos
What you'll learn
- Learn the difference between a logo and a brand
- Understand why you benefit by designing a logo conceptually
- Learn the different styles and types of logos
- Master the process of developing a logo conceptually
- Develop a more advanced logo design
- Any level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for creating meaningful work that goes beyond pretty graphics
- Sketching materials - pencil, paper, eraser
- Willingness to learn
Any graphic designer will tell you that logo design is one of the key skills you need in the industry. A logo is the first impression for any brand, and it needs to look professional and aesthetically pleasing.
However with more and more people offering logo design services, and sites offering cheap-o $5 logos, you can no longer compete just on the quality of your graphic design alone. You need the added advantage of creating conceptually.
Creating logos using grids, golden ratio and other design principles are all fantastic, useful and you may even say vital for a well balanced design. However that’s not what this class is about.
For the last 15 years I have been working as a brand specialist and creative director and as part of this video series I want to walk you through how you can create a logo conceptually, so that it’s not just pretty, but can stand the test of time because of the meaning behind it.
With this class I want to empower you with the mindset and the advantage to create logos that are not just aesthetically pleasing, but are meaningful and can stand the test of time.
Difference Between a Logo and a Brand
Why Design a Logo Conceptually
Styles and Types of Logos
Process of Developing a Logo Concept
Logo Design Tips and Tricks
Who this course is for:
- Suitable for designers of any level in their career
- Designers wanting to transition into a more senior role
I wear many hats. From brand design and strategy to user interface and website design, I am what some might say a unicorn. I thrive on mastering different aspects of design and branding to bring the creative energy required to solve problems and innovate.
But do you know what really lights me up? Being a part of your journey to build and grow something that you and others will love. Whether that’s building your own brand, designing a logo or creating something new as a designer, or developing your creativity skills to help you reach higher goals.