Design and Develop Effective Teams
What you'll learn
- Develop strategies to lead your team through the four stages of team development: forming, storming, norming and performance
- Create a competency framework that can be used for development and performance management
- Structure your team to ensure you have the right people in the right jobs, and you achieve the outcomes you need
- Create clear roles and responsibilities for team members
- Develop a performance review process for individuals and teams
- Develop a talent management strategy
- Identify a range of techniques to develop the individuals in your team
- No prior knowledge is required
Have you just started a team, or about to? Not sure how to structure the team to ensure you achieve the success you are wanting or needing?
This course will focus on:
- How to move your team through the four stages of team development
- How to structure your team to ensure you have the right people in the right job
- The different strategies you can use to effectively lead your team members
- How to create effective roles and responsibilities
- How to measure individual and team performance
- How to manage the skills and competencies of your team
- How to develop the individuals in your team so they are motivated and perform well
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is already leading a team, or is about to start a new team
Ross Blaikie has been involved in Organisational Development (OD) and Learning and Development (L&D) since 2002 and has experience in delivering both technical and non-technical projects, attaining his Six Sigma Black Belt accreditation in 2005.
Prior to working in OD and L&D, Ross started his career as a mechanical engineer. From this experience, Ross brings a methodical approach to all his work.
Ross has worked for a diverse range of organisations both in Australia and the Middle East, including BHPBilliton, AECOM Australia, AECOM Middle East, Engineers Australia, Northern Beaches Credit Union, CB&I, Commonwealth Bank, Pandora, and WSP Parsons Brinkerhoff.
Passionate about helping people learn and gain greater satisfaction from their job, Ross helps organisations grow through improved communication and process improvement.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Commerce (major Human Resource Management)
- Master of Human Resource Management (Team Development)
- Six Sigma Black Belt