Business Statistics Using Excel
What you'll learn
- Meaning of statistics in singular and plural sense; its nature and scope, types of statistics, and limitation of statistics
- Learn summarizing data by descriptive as well as numerical methods
- Learn probability and probability distribution- Binomial, Poisson, Normal
- Know Sampling and sampling distribution, concept of standard error, sample size determination
- Understand the procedure of hypothesis testing, Z test, t test, F test, Chi square test, ANOVA
- Learn Correlation and regression techniques
- Knowledge of MS Excel is desirable.
Business Statistics course offers clear cut knowledge of descriptive statistics and inferential statistics using MS Excel.
Today, as a reseracher or a manager you must know how to convert data into information that may aid in the decision making process.
This course put interpretation and decision making with the help of data at the forefront.
The prime objective of this course is to demonstrate how to use MS Excel 2007 for statistical anlaysis using step by step method.
The following methods of analysis are included:
- Graphing Techniques
- Frequency Analysis
- Numerical Techniques
- Mean, Median, Mode Analysis
- Range, Standard Deviation, Variance Analysis
- Skewness and Kurtosis Analysis
- Complete Descriptive Analysis with example
- Probability Distribution
- Sampling & its Distribution
- Hypothesis Testing
This course will be useful for all business professionals, marketing managers, financial analysts, economists, and students doing foundation courses in statistics, perhaps students in their second course or social or business researchers.
Who this course is for:
- This is course is for BBA & BCOM students.
- For thos who are familiar with statistics but don't know how to use MS excel for statistical analysis.
I am Ash Narayan Sah working as assistant professor in the area of Economics and Econometrics in Thapar University, Patiala. I am a doctorate in Economics. I started doing my specilization in the economics area after my 12th. I completed my graduation in economics with honours from Utkal University in 1997. I did my master in economics from Hyderabad Central University, Andhra Pradesh in 2000. I also did my M.Phil in Economics and after M.Phil, I enrolled for my PhD in Financial Economics in Hyderabad Central University. After completion of my PhD, I joined as an assistant professor in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun in January 2007. I worked for 5 years in University of Petroleum and Energy Studies and taught basic econometrics course and mangerial economics to MBA students. During my stay at University of petroleum and Energy Studies, I realized the need of data analysis book using MS Excel for students of business studies. And then I decided to author my first book titled 'data Analysis using MS Excel', which published in 2009. after that I published another book titled ' Statistics for Management using MS Excel', which got published in 2013. I am having eight years teaching experience. In addition, I have also published few research papers. My expertise also extends in doing econometric and statistical analysis using several softwares like SPSS, Eviews, and MS Excel.