Deploying Windows Virtual Desktop in Microsoft Azure
What you'll learn
- What is Windows Virtual Desktop?
- How does Windows Virtual Desktop work?
- When to use Windows Virtual Desktop
- Deploy and Configure Azure AD Domain Services
- Prepare a Windows Virtual Desktop Network
- Prepare for a Windows Virtual Desktop Deployment
- Preform a Windows Virtual Desktop Deployment in Microsoft Azure
- Customize the Windows Virtual Desktop Workspace
- Configure FSLogix for Windows Virtual Desktop Profiles
- If you plan to simply watch the video demonstrations for knowledge, there are no prerequisites.
- If you plan to perform the steps in this course in your own environment, you'll need an Azure Subscription, an Azure AD Tenant, a few Microsoft 365 Business Premium trial licenses, and a .com domain name registered with a registrar such as GoDaddy.
In this course, you will learn how to deploy Windows Virtual Desktop, step-by-step, in Microsoft Azure. You'll complete the following steps to prepare the infrastructure for your deployment:
Deploy the Necessary Azure Resources to Support WVD in Azure
Configure a Custom Domain for Azure AD
Deploy and Configure Azure AD Domain Services
Deploy Azure AD Domain Services vNet and Subnet
Provision a Management Server for Azure AD Domain Services
Perform Necessary Network Peering
Once the infrastructure is provisioned, you'll deploy and configure Windows Virtual Desktop. To perform these tasks, you'll complete the following steps:
Perform a Windows Virtual Desktop Deployment
Create and Share a Desktop with Users
Configure Apps for Users
Customize the Windows Virtual Desktop workspace
Optimize Windows Virtual Desktop in Microsoft Azure
Configure FSLogix with an Azure File Share to Host Profile Disks
When you finish this Windows Virtual Desktop course, you'll have a fully-functioning Windows Virtual Desktop environment built completely in Azure. You can then use this lab to experiment with some hands-on assignments.
Who this course is for:
- Students who are interested in learning how to deploy and configure Windows Virtual Desktop in Microsoft Azure
Tom Mitchell is a 25+ year veteran of the IT Industry. After spending the last two decades as a Senior Engineer and Solutions Architect for several organizations, including national, international, and global enterprises, Tom now focuses on teaching and providing freelance IT consulting and solution design services for organizations around the world.
Tom's specialties include Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, and Messaging (Exchange & Exchange Online).
Tom is the founder of labITout, is the author of The Azure PowerShell Quick Start Guide, and he has trained over 100,000 students in over 200 countries.
Click the LinkedIn button over there on the left to connect with him. Better yet, enroll in one of his courses today!
labITout is a new way to sharpen your IT skillset while making your day-to-day job as an IT professional easier. We teach you how to deploy specific IT solutions, while providing you with deployment documentation that you can use to streamline your projects.
The mission of labITout is to help IT professionals learn new skills while reducing IT project deployment timelines and improving deployment results for organizations through expert-level tutorials, video labs, and complete ready-made project documentation.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
Instead of offering garden variety IT courses, labITout offers real-world guidance for engineers and organizations that are implementing solutions. We offer complete, step-by-step deployment tutorials, along with complete project documentation that isn’t available anywhere else.