Deploying Node.js on GCP
What you'll learn
- How to deploy a NodeJS application to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the most effective way
- How to choose what to deploy on: App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Run, Compute Engine, or Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- How to dockerize your application for deployment
- Tips and tricks to optimize and configure your deployment
- Wrote or developed a NodeJS application
In this course, journey with me as I guide you through how to deploy a Node.js application (a sample Bookshelf Express app) on GCP to:
Cloud Functions (yes, Express on Cloud Functions!)
I walk through deployment steps, as well as debugging and solving deployment issues to make the deployment work. I point out pitfalls and gotchas to be wary of. I also give tips on how to optimize and secure your deployments on GCP. Even if you don't use Node.js, the principles that are taught in this course applies to any programming language you use.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners new to Google Cloud or unfamiliar with Google Cloud products
Jonathan Lin a GCP enthusiast and Software Engineer from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He is a GCP-certified Professional Cloud Architect, Professional Data Engineer, and Associate Cloud Engineer.
All his products and websites are architected and hosted in Google Cloud; he practices what he preaches.