Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
In this this official Red Hat® training course, Jim Rigsbee, a curriculum architect for Red Hat Training, will introduce you to container technology using Docker running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Docker has become the de facto standard for defining and running containers in the Linux® operating system. Kubernetes is Red Hat's choice for container orchestration. OpenShift, built upon Docker, Kubernetes, and other open source software projects, provides Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for the ultimate in deploying applications within containers.
Through short lectures and in-depth demonstrations, we will explore container technology and deploy a single three-tiered Java EE application using several container-based platforms, including Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
- System administrators, application software developers, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Platform-as-a-Service capabilities.
- Docker Overview05:39
- Image Management13:20
- Container Manipulation10:52
- Persistent Storage07:00
- Coordination of Multi-Container Applications23:28
- Container Orchestration with Kubernetes19:15
- OpenShift Enterprise Features19:27
- OpenShift Enterprise Web Console04:12
- Introduction to OpenShift Enterprise CLI09:08
- Scaling an Application07:13
Red Hat Training and Certification closes the gap between what you need and what you know. Whether you need to optimize existing systems or design new solutions, deepen expertise or discover new technologies, we’ll help you plan and navigate the journey. No one has more experience. From training through certification, we equip you for success so you can deliver business impact.